Manager, Residential Services - Montage Support Services
Manager, Residential Services
Montage Support Services is a leading service provider that offers innovative and individualized services that directly respond to the wishes, hopes, dreams and aspirations of each person we support. Montage Support Services is committed to providing quality support to people with disabilities. This is accomplished through a shared focus of families, staff and volunteers in promoting opportunities for individual growth in all aspects of a person’s life, ensuring dignity and respect.
As a Manager, Residential Services, you will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to residential teams that provide daily supports to people with developmental disabilities who are supported by the organization. You will ensure the best possible outcomes for people receiving support; encouraging active and quality participation in the community through the development and implementation of Individualized Support Plans.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will:
- Provide knowledge and leadership to the community, families, and community partners in facilitating relationships, experiences and roles that promote people’s effective participation in the typical and valued life of the community.
- Provide leadership and support in the monitoring and evaluation of progress on achieving desired personal outcomes, and ensure changes and adjustments to these plans take place as needed.
- Develop and monitor budgets, including monthly review of location budgets.
- As a member of the Montage Management Team, participate in the development and implementation of practices and procedures to ensure the highest possible standards of compliance with these support standards.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities for a cluster of locations and support staff. The Manager will carry our supervisory responsibilities of staff utilizing the organization polices, procedures and relevant legislation.
- Be the on-call contact person for Staff, Managers and Senior Management as required.
- A combination of relevant education (B.A. or Diploma) and experience in a Social Service environment, preferably in Developmental Services.
- A minimum of five years’ experience working in support of people with developmental disabilities, of which at least 5 years are in a Manager’s role.
- Experience managing staff in Developmental Services.
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
- Experience managing conflict in the workplace.
- Experience chairing committees.
- Experience training, coaching & mentoring staff.
- Knowledge of and practical experience in the development, implementation and follow up of people’s Individual Support Plans (ISPs).
- Knowledge of OHSA, ESA, QAM and Ministry Compliance requirements.
- Ability to multi-task in time sensitive work environment with shifting timelines and schedules.
- Excellent computer skills including: MS Office, e-mail, internet and various databases, including HRIS/payroll/quality assurance.
- Experience managing budgets as well as experience with scheduling and payroll.
- Experience leading teams through a successful compliance and accreditation process will be considered an asset.
- Valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those considered will be contacted for an interview!