Manager, Philanthropy - ALS Society of Canada
The ALS Society of Canada (ALS Canada) is searching for a Manager, Philanthropy, to join our award-winning team. As the successful candidate, you will lead, grow, and diversify ALS Canada’s major and planned gift portfolios. Working with and managing the Development Officer, you will oversee and support the development of the annual giving, tribute and partnership giving fundraising portfolios while implementing a comprehensive donor recognition and stewardship program while identifying avenues for new revenue growth. Join our team today!
- Meet or exceed the overall revenue target of $1.5 Million for the Major Gifts portfolio as set out by the operations plan
- Personally, manage a portfolio of major gift donors (over $1,000) and foundation donors
- Develop and oversee budgets for major gifts, providing regular financial reports and executing events within the approved budgets
- Responsible for the following metrics; donors retained (within the respective portfolio), new donors acquired, and amount raised as outlined in the operations plan
- Actively build a pool of 120+ current and future major gift donors through effective outreach, relationship management, solicitation, and stewardship
- Work with, and support the CEO, Vice President, Fund Development and Senior Manager, Fund Development to develop cultivation strategies and conduct solicitation calls for individual donors and prospects
- Prepare effective major gift leadership materials such as briefing notes, proposals, letters, and reports that are compelling, accurate, professional and on-brand
- Build and manage a strategy to grow a robust corporate giving program, including multi-year sponsorships
- Support the Vice President, Fund Development to inform the operations plan and budget and contribute to the monthly CEO reports
Cultivation & Stewardship:
- Recommend and implement creative stewardship programs, communication tools and activities to grow and/or streamline the current portfolio of recognition activities
- Research best practices in donor relations for all programs and make recommendations for implementation through policy development and adherence
- Relationship holder for partnership giving, responsible for collaboration with external partners regarding participation at events and the logistics surrounding the partnership
- Contribute to the growth of Fund Development team through mentorship, sharing of fundraising best practices, fundraising excellence
- Contribute to email marketing communications, developing strategic fundraising messaging collectively with Marketing & Communications teams
- University degree or college diploma and/or minimum of five years related work experience in fundraising in a charitable setting and 1-2 years in major gift cultivation
- Proven expertise in developing strategy and managing a fundraising portfolio, building campaign metrics, user journey, communications and stewardship plans
- Proven experience securing major gifts ($1k+)
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- A collaborative approach to working on a team and experience managing volunteers, students, direct reports and/or mentoring
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment
- A high degree of judgement, political sensitivity and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage several project aspects with competing deadlines
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills with the ability to effectively interface with Senior Management, Board, partners and staff
- Excellent organizational, planning and administrative skills
- Ability to show initiative, tact, diplomacy, attention to detail and creativity
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite and working knowledge of CRM platforms
- Driver’s License is required
- Experience in working in a health charity or with individuals with a terminal illness
- Ability to speak and/or write in French an asset
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to indicate the job title in your subject title. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
ALS Canada is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities within our recruitment processes. Please contact the HR department at email@example.com if you require accommodation.
What you’ll be part of
You’ll become part of a community of leaders who are passionate about the work they do because every day, you’ll know your work has contributed to making an impact. ALS Canada is a charitable organization that lives its values of accountability, collaboration, compassion, integrity, resiliency and respect. We work with the ALS community to improve the lives of people affected by amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) through community-based support services, advocacy and investment in research toward a future without ALS.
Our world is challenging. The people we serve are dealing with a devastating illness. But in the midst of it, their resiliency and spirit is remarkable and moving. You will be touched by the community and will find a way to naturally and effectively engage.