Manager, Operations - Efficiency Canada
About Efficiency Canada
Efficiency Canada is the national voice for an energy efficient economy. We envision a future where Canada uses energy efficiency to its fullest potential. This means maximizing the benefits of energy efficiency resulting in a sustainable environment, a productive economy, and a just and equitable society.
Efficiency Canada is housed at Carleton University’s Sustainable Energy Research Centre, which is located on the traditional unceded territories of the Algonquin nation.
About the Position
We are seeking an experienced, self-directed, and collaborative person to lead the day-to-
day administrative, financial management and human resources functions of Efficiency Canada. The Manager, Operations will help to manage financial, human resources and culture aspects of Efficiency Canada.The duties include:
- Directing, tracking and reporting annual and three year organizational financial budgets;
- Managing financial data and workflows for all Efficiency Canada projects including: a) processing/submitting invoices and expenses, b) tracking project cash flow, c) financial reporting to external partners, d) budgeting and e) liaising with financial and research services at Carleton;
- Maintaining and updating standard operating procedures for a) receiving, administering and accounting of funds and other contributions and (b) funder reporting;
- Managing the hiring, contract negotiations and onboarding of Efficiency Canada team members;
- Oversee Efficiency Canada’s IT infrastructure and process improvement process;
- Developing, implementing and tracking staff engagement policies;
- Undertaking other administrative duties in conjunction with the Executive Director.
All employees participate as an active member of the Efficiency Canada team, including participating in daily check-in calls and other regular team meetings. The Manager, Operations will report directly to the Executive Director.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in business management, administration or related field;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar or related capacity;
- Experience with budget planning, audits and donor reporting;
- Experience developing and implementing human resources policies and practices;
- Proficiency with current virtual office best practices and collaboration tools such as GSuite, Slack, Zoom;
- Detail oriented, with excellent communication skills;
- Ability to establish trusted relationships with staff, board members, and external stakeholders including vendors, partners, and key government contacts;
- Ability to work independently, with the comfort to ask for help, when needed;
- Comfortable with ambiguity, has initiative to identify what is required and implement solutions with minimal guidance
- Positive, proactive and personable team player;
- Passionate commitment to the mission and objectives of Efficiency Canada; and
- Bilingual (French/English) an asset
Working at Efficiency Canada
Efficiency Canada is made up of a small group of mission driven and passionate advocates for a better world. Our core values of sustainability, inclusivity, resourcefulness and people have created a strong work culture that enable us to achieve our mission. We invest in our employees, empowering them to make decisions and contribute meaningfully. And we’re a fun place to work!
Efficiency Canada encourages and supports a flexible work environment, through employing a virtual office tools (e.g. Google Hangout, Slack, Zoom) to advance our mission.
Efficiency Canada is a grant-based research organization of Carleton University. Carleton University offers its employees a competitive salary, vacation (4 weeks), support for professional development, and full health benefits package. The annual salary for this position is $72,000.
The deadline for application is May 7, 2021 at 11:59 pm ET. Applicants are encouraged to apply earlier and up until the deadline. The ideal start date for the successful applicant is May 31, 2021.
How to apply
If you would like to join our team, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org following these instructions:
- Use “Manager, Operations (your name)” as the subject line
- Your cover letter and resume must be submitted as one PDF file and named in this format: LastName_FirstName_Cover_Resume
We thank all applicants in advance for their application, but be advised that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Carleton University’s Employment Equity Program
Carleton University is committed to equity in all aspects of employment. The University is dedicated to the elimination of discrimination and harassment; the removal of systemic barriers and the promotion of employment equity. This commitment is clearly articulated in the University’s Human Rights Policies and Procedures. Carleton University is a federal contractor and complies with the Federal Contractors Program, the purpose of which is “to achieve equality in the workplace so that no person shall be denied employment opportunities or benefits for reasons unrelated to ability and, in the fulfilment of that goal, to correct the conditions of disadvantage in employment experienced by (the four designated groups) women, Aboriginal Peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities by giving effect to the principle that employment equity means more than treating persons in the same way but also requires special measures and the accommodation of differences.