Manager of Programs - The Ripple Effect Education
Position Status: 0.8 FTE, permanent
Wage: $21 per hour
Start: December 2020, flexible.
Current Location: Working remotely with some in-person work in and around Waterloo, Ontario
Our mission is to give youth the tools they need to develop healthy relationships. TREE programs are the initial drop in a life-long ripple effect of self-awareness, healthy conflict resolution, and empathy. The social-emotional skills youth build in our workshops grow to transform their classrooms, friendships, families, and future as citizens and leaders. Since 2016, TREE has supported youth by equipping them with conflict resolution, social justice and peacemaking tools that allow them to support their peers with empathy and problem-solve equitably. In addition to working with students, TREE supports teachers and families with resources and trainings to equip them with the tools to foster social-emotional learning in their classroom and at home. Our fun curriculum-integrated programs invite youth to practice the skills they’re learning with our experienced facilitation team, allowing classrooms and community groups to create a culture of belonging, understanding and respect. Our small, entrepreneurial team highly values reflective facilitation practice and sharing constructive feedback; praise and challenges. We love talking about what is working and what’s not, and iterating to ensure all of our programs and processes thrive. Our office is located in the Kindred Credit Union Centre for Peace Advancement where we work amongst leaders in peace innovation, and learn alongside them in weekly community gatherings. Currently, our team is working remotely, with some outdoor and in-office meetings.
- Communications & Development (40%)
- Curate and develop content strategy for TREE social media platforms
- Write content for the TREE blog
- Identify potential funding opportunities and assist with preparation of funding proposals
- Assists the Executive Director to manage timelines and content for grant reporting.
- Program Development (25%)
- Identify, research and develop new program avenues for TREE The Ripple Effect Education, 2020.
- Create, adapt, and prepare new program content
- Program Management (20%)
- In collaboration with the TREE Executive Director recruit and hire TREE facilitation team
- In collaboration with the TREE Executive Director, develop and lead training for TREE Facilitators
- Lead and oversee TREE Classrooms program evaluation
- Facilitation (15%)
- Facilitate workshops in all of TREE’s programs throughout the year, including Classrooms, Communities, Teacher Training and Partner Programs.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Education in peace, conflict transformation, education, social work or another relevant field
- Formal and informal experience and/or training in:
- facilitating, public speaking, networking, training and coaching
- conflict transformation theory and practice, social justice education, and equity-centred community design
- working with diverse groups of children and youth at the elementary school level is required; experience working with diverse groups of high school aged youth and young adults is an asset
- social media and Google Suite proficiency
- professional writing and grant writing
- assessment, evaluation and reporting
- hiring and working with diverse teams
- Highly skilled in:
- interpersonal skills and relationship-building
- written and verbal communication
- time management and organization
- ensuring a high level of confidentiality
- exercising self-awareness, self-care and self-reflection
- Vulnerable Sector Check is required
- Reliable transportation is required
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter with the subject line “Manager of Programs Application” to email@example.com by October 23, 2020.
Equity, diversity and inclusion are at the core of TREE’s values. We encourage applications from persons who are living with a disability, Black, Indigenous and people of colour, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community. Persons who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for applying. A short list of candidates will be interviewed.