Manager of Palliative Hospice Care - Good Shepherd
Good Shepherd Centres, Hamilton, a ministry of the Hospitaller Order of St. John of God, strives to enhance the quality of life for all who seek assistance and support in our community. A permanent full time position at Emmanuel House currently exists in the role of:
Manager of Hospice Palliative Care
The successful candidate will extend our mission to hospice palliative care residents and their loved ones through the provision of skilled, compassionate care. The Manager of Hospice Palliative Care is responsible for fostering a culture of hospitality that supports the philosophy and values of a palliative approach to care.
The Manager of Hospice Palliative Care will foster, facilitate and achieve the highest standards of hospice palliative care service delivery and leads in the planning, development and implementation of clinical policies designed for improving resident care. The successful candidate will provide expert advice and consultation in the areas of nursing, resource planning, and professional development to support quality initiatives. The Manager of Hospice Palliative Care continuously evaluates nursing practices and contributes to the ongoing organizational development of practice knowledge by developing frameworks and strategies to facilitate the implementation of best practices. The successful candidate functions as the clinical leader in hospice palliative care and advances the role of registered and non-registered team members to an advanced level within Emmanuel House.
Role Specific Expertise:
- Utilizes expert clinical evaluation skills to continually assess the needs of the resident and caregivers.
- Proficiently provides and vigilantly evaluates education/orientation on complex advanced practices to ensure skill levels are acquired or maintained by team members to meet overall practice and care standards.
- Effectively mentors staff by providing a work environment that fosters motivation and respectful relationships, and enables decision-making.
- Exhibits advanced verbal, written and technological communication and presentation skills when disseminating information/advice and/or promoting best practices.
- Applies knowledge of a wide range of cross-cultural and diversity issues within a health care environment.
- Effectively collaborates to build relationships that promote the achievement of cooperative goals and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- Registration, in good standing, with the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Palliative Care Certification preferred.
- Educational designation of Advanced Practice Nurse – CNS or NP would be an asset
- Minimum of 5 year’s recent experience working in a progressive leadership role in a health care setting with a focus in hospice palliative care.
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Nursing Standards of practice preferred.
- A demonstrated passion for advancing hospice palliative care and a commitment to the mission values of hospitality, responsibility, availability, adaptability, quality and dignity, including the marginalized population is essential.
- Proven ability to work effectively as a strong team player.
- Superior written and oral communications skills.
Please reply with cover letter and resume quoting job number #EH-10-20 by August 16th, 2020 attention to:
Human Resources Department
15 Ray Street North, P.O Box 1003
Hamilton, ON L8N 3R1
Good Shepherd is an equal opportunity employer operating within an anti-racist and anti-oppression framework. We strive to establish workplaces that reflect and are enhanced by the rich diversity of the community we serve.
Good Shepherd welcomes and encourages applications from all people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are in need of accommodations, please contact Human Resources at 905-528-5877 ex 2265 or firstname.lastname@example.org .