Manager of Finance and Administration - North York Women's Shelter
Come join us! NYWS is hiring a Manager of Finance and Administration
We are looking for an operations leader to join an incredible team dedicated to supporting the rights of women, trans and non-binary people and their children to build lives free of violence. This role requires an overall knowledge and expertise in Finance with strong analytical and problem solving skills. In consultation with the Executive Director, this role also involves overseeing IT and Facilities functions managed by external vendors. If this excites you, we would like to hear from you.
NYWS is a new kind of anti-violence centre pushing back against gender-based violence in Toronto. We are re-imagining support, services and advocacy for women, trans and non-binary people and their children experiencing violence. NYWS actively supports the rights of women, trans and non-binary people and their children to build lives free of violence by providing non-judgemental safe shelter, advocacy, and a range of programs and services including 24-hour crisis support.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Manager of Finance and Administration is an operational manager of the organization, managing a team that oversees financial, IT and facilities administration ensuring safety and compliance.
Target Start Date:
As soon as possible
This is not a remote position and the successful candidate will be required to work in our physical office in Toronto ON.
$75,000 – $85,000
NYWS offers a competitive benefits package.
This position is a full-time permanent position, 37.5 hours a week
A typical day for the Manager of Finance and Administration includes the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Financial oversight and management of organization’s budget.
- Checking emails, calls, schedules for organizational needs and priorities.
- Attending external committee meetings.
- Providing support and guidance to team members and administrative staff.
- Administering all aspects of financial services including budget preparation, tracking, variance analysis, monthly and quarterly financial analysis, financial reporting, payroll, accounts payables and receivables, audit coordination, financial policies and procedures, and other related functions.
- Supervising and working closely with Bookkeeper to ensure strong controls are in place, payroll processing is accurate, accounting records, cash management and payables are up to date and well-managed.
- Overseeing the IT and facilities management in liaison with the external vendors.
- Monitoring and taking steps to enhance and provide recommendations to the Executive Director on the financial performance of the organization, IT infrastructure and security, as well as facilities management and safety.
- Collaborate and contribute to risk management planning, policies and reporting.
- Directing staff, activities, and contractors to ensure that facilities are safe and well-maintained.
- Promoting safety within the building and ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business, Accounting, Finance or any related field or a combination of work experience.
- A combination of education and experience in nonprofit management, social service work, or public administration is an asset.
- 3 - 5 years of work in management/supervisory capacity.
- Experience working in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Willingness to learn and experiment new ideas.
- Experience working with an intersectional feminist, anti-carceral, anti-racist and anti-oppressive lens from trauma-informed practice framework.
- A passion for serving the survivors of the domestic violence community, creating a culture that allows for self-sufficiency and growth.
NYWS, In accordance with its feminist, anti-racist and anti-oppressive framework, is committed to the development of an organization that reflects the communities that we serve. We actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity. We offer reasonable accommodations in our recruitment process and seek applicants' advice on how best to accommodate their needs. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please contact Julia Falco, Project Mobilizer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter in a PDF format using this form. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.No telephone inquiries please. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information on North York Women’s Shelter visit nyws.ca