Manager of Communications and Marketing (9 Month Maternity Leave Replacement) - Speech-Language & Audiology Canada
Speech-Language & Audiology Canada (SAC) is a national non-profit association that represents over 6,400 communication health professionals. We have a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to join our organization and work within an energetic and creative communications team!
SAC is seeking a dynamic and experienced communications and marketing professional to join our team. The successful candidate will lead the development and execution of strategic communication initiatives that will increase awareness of our programs and services and enhance the public profile of the organization and its member professions.
In addition to supporting the Senior Management Team, you will also lead and collaborate with the rest of SAC’s communications team. In this role, you will develop, implement and evaluate strategic communications plans while proactively ensuring that the day-to-day operations of the department are well-managed. Responsibilities will include planning and executing marketing and communication campaigns, managing SAC’s social media presence, developing website content, writing strategic e-communications, speaking notes, briefing notes and press releases. A key member of the SAC management team, you act as an advisor on strategic communications initiatives, and will manage challenging projects requiring a high level of responsibility and accountability. You will have the opportunity to further your knowledge and skills, and enhance your experience in many areas of communications, marketing and government relations.
- You have exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- You have a proven track record of planning and executing strategic communication plans.
- You are an innovative thinker with a demonstrated ability to translate strategic thinking into action plans.
- You have an excellent ability to produce a variety of communications materials for a wide range of audiences.
- You have experience supervising staff and managing outside vendors/contractors.
- You are extremely organized and have a knack for developing effective work-back schedules.
- You have website development and/or maintenance experience.
- You are competent using the Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Photoshop and InDesign).
- You have experience using Drupal, WordPress, HTML and Google Analytics.
- You are energetic, creative, self-reliant and a good problem solver.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
As the ideal candidate, you have post-secondary education in a field that relates to communications, public relations and/or marketing and at least 5-7 years of relevant, progressive experience. You possess the expertise necessary to ensure communication initiatives are strategic, well-planned, well-executed and completed on-time and on-budget. Your English language skills are exceptional and the ability to communicate in French is a strong asset.
- 9 month contract with the possibility to renew
- Full-time (35 hours/week)
HOW TO APPLY
If you think your personality, skills, education and experience make you the person for this position, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send your resume along with a brief cover letter explaining why you would be a great addition to our team to email@example.com by August 27, 2020. Please include your salary expectations in the cover letter.
SAC is an equal opportunity employer, we believe in diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our membership and employees. We welcome applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous people, racialized people, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Please note: We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.