Manager of Cities Engaging Underrepresented Youth - Tamarack Institute
Tamarack Institute is seeking to fill two positions within the Engaging Underrepresented Youth project. Are you interested in helping 25,000 youth to advance in Canada? We are seeking two full time Manager’s of Cities to work as part of Tamarack’s Vibrant Communities Canada (VCC) team. One of these Managers of Cities will have a special communication lead.
About Tamarack VCC:
Tamarack is a charitable organization dedicated to helping Canadian communities take ownership of local issues by making use of proven strategies for community engagement. We develop and support learning communities to help people collaborate, co-generate knowledge and achieve collective impact on complex community issues. Our vision is to build a connected force for community change. Learn more about Tamarack at www.tamarackcommunity.ca. Through our work in Vibrant Communities Canada, we advance learning communities in three areas:
- Cities Reducing Poverty is a collective impact movement aimed at reducing poverty for 1 million Canadians through the efforts of local multi-sector roundtable and the alignment of poverty reduction strategies at the municipal, provincial and federal levels. Learn more at www.vibrantcanada.ca.
- Cities Deepening Community is dedicated to developing our collective understanding about the power of citizens and supporting programs, policies and practices that strengthen communities and neighbourhoods and mobilize citizen leadership to enhance social capital. Learn more at www.deepeningcommunity.ca.
- Engaging Underrepresented Youth is a collective impact investment in 13 communities across Canada aimed at improving the education and employment outcomes for youth who are currently not in education, employment or training. This project will engage leaders at the local community level to build effective supports for youth.
As a Manager of Cities, you will provide ongoing engagement and coaching to local community partners and actively work to support, retain, and recruit new members to achieve required targets. You will also write and develop learning papers, blogs, case studies, tools for action, and reports, and you will be involved in organizing and delivering communities of practice and webinars. Your responsibilities will include developing and implementing regional and/or national events, and in all your work, you will be expected to co-generate learning activities and publications with our members.
Supervision and Reporting:
The Manager of Cities will report directly to the Engaging Underrepresented Youth Team Lead. She/he will also work closely with the other members of the VCC team, including but not limited to the Coordinator of Admin and Communications, other Managers of Cities, and other team members.
As with most positions at Tamarack, can be home‐based or we will rent an office near where you live or performed at Tamarack’s office at the University of Waterloo. Candidates who reside within driving distance to Toronto/Kitchener-Waterloo area preferred, but for the right person we are open to hiring from anywhere in Canada.
- Support and deepen relationships with member cities. Tamarack has a proven methodology to engage and support cities.
- Recruit new member cities to reach desired growth targets.
- Lead on-going communities of practice, webinars and face to face gatherings.
- Coach cities in technical and issue based learning.
- Act as guide/matchmaker for peer to peer learning across the Engaging Underrepresented Youth network.
- Write case studies or issue papers to support members with knowledge and practice.
- Support our members success, track outcomes and generate reports.
- Be an active member of the Vibrant Communities Canada team and be involved in the overall planning and implementation of the annual learning plan.
- Represent Vibrant Communities Canada at regional, national or international events, as required.
- Additional duties as assigned in work planning.
- Developing a regular e magazine to feature learning tools and inspirational stories
- Hosting a robust social media program
- Working closely with Tamarack’s communications team
- Supporting cities with their communications / online engagement plans
- Supporting online learning
- Web site support
- Able to work in a highly Entrepreneurial environment, is Self Motivated and values trust and commitment in the workplace. Is an excellent communicator. Gets “stuff” done.
- Proven experience and education most often attained through completing a college or undergraduate degree and/or 3 years of employment in a related job.
- Strong understanding of community change and collaboration
- Strong research and writing skills, advanced knowledge of social media, and ability to work with inbound marketing software and databases (HubSpot).
- Ability to work remotely, both independently and in co-operation with a remote team, in a continually evolving organizational environment.
- Highly-relational, both in-person and online, to effectively build trust and commitment with members to ensure they are highly engaged.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and self-directed, with strong communication and administrative skills and a demonstrated capacity to multi‐task.
- Ability to maintain an eye on the big picture as well as the details of our collective work.
- Bilingual (English and French) is required for the communication lead role.
- Willingness/ability to travel, as required
Salary & Benefits:
Tamarack provides a competitive salary and extended benefits, plus an RRSP package, lieu and flex time, a learning fund and a gratitude fund. We operate within a progressive team philosophy and value trust, and personal commitment. This is a full-time 40 hour per week position and compensation is rated between $55,000 and $75,000 a year.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we thank all interested applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted.