Manager, Marketing & Communications (12-month parental leave replacement) - Canadian Dermatology Association
Founded in 1925, the Canadian Dermatology Association (CDA) represents over 800 certified dermatologists across Canada. The association exists to advance the science and art of medicine and surgery related to the care of the skin, hair and nails by providing continuing professional development for its members, and by supporting and advancing patient care and raising awareness through thought-provoking public education campaigns. The National Office manages a budget of over $3 million with a small team of approximately 10 staff.
Currently, the CDA requires a Manager, Marketing & Communications (12-month parental leave replacement)
Reporting to the interim CEO, this position is responsible for leading operational deliverables as set out in the CDA Integrated Communications Strategy (to be completed). The Manager works closely with all staff on the tactical implementation of all marketing, communications, promotions, media planning, market research, and member and affiliate communications. This position has no direct reports.
The Manager, Marketing & Communications, plays an important role in unifying the brand voice across the Association’s communication channels and increasing meaningful engagement and collaboration with internal staff and stakeholders. The successful candidate will work closely in a small team environment to develop custom communications that support the CDA Integrated Communications strategy.
The ideal candidate has:
- Excellent listening, speaking and writing abilities
- Strong internal and external stakeholder relations skills
- Professional understanding of social media and media relations strategies
- The ability to work independently and with a team, with a high degree of comfort to quickly adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- High drive, personal and professional standards
- The professional values of the organization first and foremost in all aspects of work and interactions with colleagues, stakeholders and Board members
- Contributes to the development and implementation of the Association’s Integrated Communications Strategy, including timelines and metrics for determining the results achieved.
- Proactive management and delivery of media relations activities including writing and editing media releases, pitching story ideas and research content, building relationships with journalists and editors.
- Acts as primary media contact, coordinates engagement with reporters and journalists to respond to questions and inquiries. Assists with interview requests (Manages media training at the Association; supports and prepares Board and/or member spokespeople for key media interviews; evaluates the effectiveness of media interviews.
- Track and evaluate issues and topics in the national media by coordinating media monitoring.
- Demonstrated strong issues management abilities, including identifying opportunities and making recommendations to senior management for strategic intervention to address emerging issues.
- Develop and manage the Association’s social media strategy, including integrating channels across the Association’s areas of focus, implementing listening and engagement protocols, scheduling social media for new and evergreen content, aligning paid and owned media output and regular reporting.
- Develop, support and execute communications and marketing initiatives as required.
- Leads the planning, execution and measurement of all campaigns and initiatives including large-scale annual events and their promotion.
- Provides services to include: Member Value Proposition, Annual Sun Awareness, Annual Report, and Annual General Meeting and Annual Conference.
- Partner with Association staff for various projects, providing communication advice and counsel or developing and implementing communications plans that achieve program objectives and deliver the greatest impact.
- Support the Association staff program and service leads by providing a high standard of advice, communications planning and execution of communication plans.
- Manage and monitor project schedules and work with vendors to ensure that expected results are delivered on time and within budget.
- Develop website content for CDA, including editing, graphic elements, updates and changes when required.
- Seek out innovative opportunities to promote the Association and its members through traditional and non-traditional media and channels.
- Assist in the roll out of new corporate communications strategies.
- Manage relationships with external vendors, freelancers and contractors.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent Diploma and work experience) in communications, journalism, marketing or related field.
- Minimum of 6 years professional experience in a corporate communications role, preferably in a management role.
- Demonstrated experience taking strategic plans and translating them into actionable, tactical communication programs.
- Solid grasp of traditional and social media.
- Advanced writing skills, for media releases, web and social content, blogs, scripts, and presentations
- Proven track record of success as an effective communicator and advisor with both internal and external stakeholders/board members.
- Ability to multi-task, manage tight deadlines and thrive in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and planning skills, highly organized and a self-starter.
- Bilingualism is considered a strong asset.
To find out more information about the association, please visit our website at www.dermatology.ca
To apply for this position, please submit your résumé to email@example.com by Tuesday, August 4th.
While we sincerely thank all those that apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Dermatology Association is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.