Manager, Licensing & Customer Services - HR Associates
The Home Construction Regulatory Authority (HCRA) is a private not-for-profit corporation that if designated by the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services, will be the regulatory authority responsible for licensing of Ontario’s new home builders and vendors. HCRA intends to foster improved home quality and homebuyer confidence in the home building industry through modernized licensing standards, education and compliance, providing increased consumer protection through enhanced regulatory measures. To learn more about HCRA please visit www.hcraontario.ca.
Manager, Licensing & Customer Services
HCRA is seeking a continuous improvement-focused leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment to fill the role of Manager, Licensing and Customer Services. Reporting to the Deputy Registrar, Licensing and Compliance, you will:
- provide leadership and direction to the staff within the Licensing & Customer Services Unit by managing the operational delivery of an eligibility-based licensing program and process;
- manage HCRA’s customer service functions including general inquiries, information requests and the complaints intake process;
- support the development and implementation of licensing eligibility and builder competency processes, and continuing education requirements and consumer education and awareness;
- manage the continuous improvement and maintenance of a public directory/registry of new home builders and vendors; and,
- establish relationships with stakeholders from the industry, consumer representatives, and homebuyers to facilitate responses to enquiries and concerns relating to the provision of HCRA services.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- A minimum of six years of progressive program management experience in a regulatory environment, including at least four years spent leading teams
- Completion of a university degree in business administration or a related field (or a combination of equivalent education, training and experience)
- Strong technical knowledge of the housing industry and consumer protection processes, including relevant regulation and legislation (New Home Construction Licensing Act, 2017, Criminal Code, Canada Evidence Act, Provincial Offences Act, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the practices and standards relating to program administration and customer relations, preferably in the areas of licensing and regulatory compliance
- Transformational leadership to create a high-performance culture
- Change management abilities to create a positive, inclusive and productive work environment;
- Political acuity to recognize and respond in a timely manner to policy and stakeholder issues which may have an impact for the organization
- Effective facilitation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills to develop and build consensus
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong influencing, communication, and vision-setting abilities to support development of HCRA’s strategic and business plans
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to HR Associates (our recruitment partner) at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 21, 2020. If you have questions, please contact Diana Pisignani at 416-237-1500 x238. For more information about HCRA or to view other career opportunities, please visit www.hcraontario.ca.
HCRA will offer a competitive compensation package including benefits and a defined contribution pension plan.
We thank all external applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Accommodation, if required, will be provided throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Human Rights Code.