Manager Human Resources - WellFort Community Health Services
WellFort Community Health Services is a non-profit, values based organization based in Peel. We provide a wide variety of comprehensive care including primary care, dental, mental health and chronic disease management with a focus on illness prevention, health promotion and community development.
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive organization. We are committed to embracing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation due to disability can be made at any stage in the recruitment process.
The Manager, Human Resources at WellFort participates as part of the leadership team to support the Vision and Mission of the Centre.
This role oversees a team of one (1) HR Generalist and is responsible for maintaining and enhancing WellFort’s Human Resource function. The Manager, Human Resources will be responsible for assisting the Chief Executive Officer in the preparation of annual budgets, risk management, policy and protocol development, in the implementation of strategic plans and in the review of the Centre’s performance.
- Ensures effective full cycle recruitment and onboarding policies and procedures are in place.
- Conducts interviews and background checks as appropriate.
- Ensures effective new hire on-boarding procedures and conducts employee orientations.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Develops and updates job descriptions.
- Prepares employment contracts and extensions.
- Coordinates job evaluations as required.
- Conducts compensation analysis and provides adjustment recommendations.
- Addresses employee inquiries about benefits plans, policies and procedures.
- Acts as plan administrator for group benefit plans and pension plans and sees escalated issues to completion.
- Liaises with benefit and wellness providers and management as it relates to plan design, renewals, etc.
- Provides full-cycle short term and long term disability claims management support, including employee communication and documentation.
- Develops and monitors return to work (RTW) programs and options, provides mediation support, communications and advice as required.
- Provides consultation, support and coaching on employee relations, performance improvement and employee disciplinary issues to employees and managers.
- Investigates complaints and advises management on appropriate course of action.
- Oversee and manage all voluntary and involuntary staff separation of employment where necessary (includes separation packages, exit interviews and applicable next steps).
Reporting and Analysis:
- Develops and manages HR workflows and HRIS systems.
- Produces and analyzes HR metrics including turnover, time off, time-to-fill, cost-to-fill, training scorecards, and exit interviews.
- Coordinates HR data collection, reporting and information dissemination.
- Manages the administration of periodic/annual employee surveys and participate in the analysis and action planning.
- Leads, guides and supports staff, encourages growth and learning, and continuously ensures that resources are aligned with value for the money.
- Facilitates team-based initiatives and promotes effective inter-professional functioning and operations with a shared care model.
- Lead and support change management initiatives where necessary
- Assists with policy creation for HR and other areas as may be required.
- Coordinates and track participation in training activities.
- Prepares and negotiates health insurance coverage.
- Maintains HR files in either electronic or paper format and ensures confidentiality of information.
- Other duties as required.
Contribution to team and centre activities:
- Participates in staff meetings and on interdisciplinary teams.
- Participates in the overall activities of the health centre (e.g.,) in-service training, committees, special events, and shared staff responsibilities.
- Communicates clearly, listen actively, be open to feedback, handle conflict appropriately, and display sensitivity to others.
- Collaborates well with others, promotes cooperation and teamwork.
- Maintains the reputation and confidentiality of the health centre and its clients at all times.
- Works in a manner that reflects WellFort’s mission, values, and service delivery approach.
- Develops and maintains a flexible work schedule that accommodates the needs of the clients, community and the Centre.
- HR Designation (CHRP)
- Undergraduate degree from a relevant discipline.
- A minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of Human Resources experience working in a similar setting, preferably a not-for-profit organization.
- Knowledge and familiarity with relevant legislation and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective leadership and management, and to work flexibly and effectively in an inter-professional team environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in planning, evaluation and quality monitoring systems.
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving, conflict management, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Self-directed with strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to continuous learning, quality improvement and innovation.
- Excellent written communication and oral skills that meet the needs of the individual and/or community at the appropriate literacy level.
- Experience working with confidential and time sensitive documents and information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Experience working in a value based non-profit or social services organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and interdependently in an interdisciplinary team environment in which the skills and responsibilities of each team member are recognized and respected.
- Demonstrated experience in Change Management
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of computers and various computer software applications, such as Great Plains, ADP-Workforce Now, OHRS, OChart and Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Ability to speak languages relevant to the residents of the organization’s community is an asset.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier-free health centre and an ability to work in an interdisciplinary team. We encourage applications from individuals who can identify with the diverse communities we serve. Interested applicants:
- Forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting “MHR0321” in the subject line. (Posting will remain open until it is filled.)
- Salary range for this position is $68,069 - $80,238 plus excellent benefits and HOOPP.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.