Manager, Human Resources - Seniors Come Share Society
Seniors Come Share Society has been providing services to seniors, caregivers and families since 1977. Our mission is to build safe, inclusive and nurturing communities for older adults, through a caring and dedicated staff of 50 and more than 150 generous volunteers. Our services include Day Programs at our three facilities in South Surrey, Newton and Guildford, as well as an array of Community Services designed to innovatively meet the needs of our aging population and Caregiver and Family Services to offer integrated support to those who selflessly care for others in their homes.
We are seeking a Human Resources (HR) Manager to build on our culture of respect, harmonious interactions and employee engagement. The HR Manager will:
- Keep abreast of legislative framework regulating the workplace, including Work Safe BC, BC Employment Standards and Human Rights, and oversee the development and review of HR policies.
- Ensure organizational compliance with two Collective Agreements stewarding the relationship with the Nurses’ Bargaining Association and the Health Services and Support Community Subsector Association.
- Carry out the full-cycle recruitment process, including the creation of job descriptions, development of job postings, screening of candidates, participation in interviews and onboarding of new employees.
- Oversee the training requirements of all staff to ensure they are up to date with regulations and develop new skills relevant to their position.
- Manage daily scheduling and staffing requirements for all programs.
- Coordinate the performance management process in collaboration with Directors, Managers and Team Leaders.
- Participate on Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee and ensure compliance with policies and procedures, including the development and implementation of Emergency Plans.
- Work collaboratively with the Leadership Team and act as a trusted advisor.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or accreditation in Human Resources Management.
- At least 5 years of experience working in a Human Resources focused role.
- Experience working in a unionized environment, non-profit organization or health care organization is a major asset.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes to the Executive Director at email@example.com. No phone calls please.