Manager, Government Relations - Indigenous Specialty - Accerta
Manager, Government Relations, Indigenous Specialist
Hours: 35 hours per week
Term: Full-time, permanent
Accerta is a B Corp certified social enterprise enabling healthcare equality for all. As a social enterprise, we manage dental, vision, drug, and health care benefits exclusively for government and social service agencies in Canada. Our targeted experience in innovative technology provides cost savings, reliable service, process continuity, and accurate insightful data that enables government to make informed strategic decisions, reducing stress on the health care system through streamlined administration.
Accerta Services Inc. (ASI), a subsidiary of AccertaClaim Servicorp Inc., is seeking a full-time permanent Manager, Government Relations, Indigenous Specialist. The successful candidate will contribute to matters in the area of government relations, regulatory/policy review, communications, project management, and issues management. The candidate will also be a key point of contact in developing and maintaining relationships and partnerships with Indigenous communities in Ontario related to the Ontario Autism Program and the management of ASI’s role as an independent intake organization responsible for the administration of AccessOAP. The incumbent will support Accerta in its pathway to reconciliation and the development of an Indigenous relations strategy. The incumbent will also identify and analyze issues affecting the Ontario autism landscape, understand how it connects to ASI’s activities immediately or in the future, and recommend a course of action to manage or address them. This position reports to the Director, Government and Stakeholder Relations.
The Manager, Government Relations, Indigenous Specialist’s responsibilities include:
- Play a key role in strengthening, promoting, and managing ASI’s corporate brand, reputation, and shaping the corporate narrative
- Fostering and maintaining long term partnerships with external stakeholders by defining and leading ASI’s stakeholder strategies, while also overseeing external corporate reporting initiatives as it relates to AccessOAP.
- Key mandates include; working as a key point of contact between AccessOAP and the Ministry, maintaining an awareness of the government decision making cycle, supporting Indigenous communities in their awareness of AccessOAP, fostering Indigenous community partnerships in relationships, and evolve other areas program.
- Support the development and maintenance of strong and effective relationships with partners to enhance awareness, understanding and engagement in achieving ASI’s strategic goals.
- Assist with preparation and writing of community/stakeholder communication materials.
- Gather background materials, statistics, and other data to support the team with correspondence, the creation of briefing notes for key meetings and ad hoc presentation materials
- Track key government committees, ministries, and other advisory bodies to ensure, where appropriate, that ASI provides input and information to these groups with the objective of advancing the organization's contribution and furthering its objectives.
- Recommend activities that leverage ASI’s strengths and make recommendations regarding the evolution of ASI’s programs, services, relationships, funding and communications.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Social Services, or a related field
- At least 5 years experience working with government.
- Experience working within the Indigenous landscape in Ontario, ideally as it relates to the autism spectrum.
- Experience working in a high-profile environment, and insight and experience within the social services sector specifically with Indigenous communities.
- Understanding of government decision making processes
- Experience working closely with senior management teams where stakeholder engagement, reputation management, corporate narrative, and brand building are key priorities for the organization
- Advanced knowledge of MS office, including Teams, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Excellent problem solving skills and an ability to work in a team environment with exceptional organizational, time management, and prioritizing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information.
- High attention to detail in all areas of work.
- A permanent position with a competitive salary package and easily accessible downtown location.
- A competitive benefit package that includes a DB Pension Plan and Health Care Expense Account (HCEA).
- Opportunities to increase your earnings through performance-based incentive programs.
- Growth opportunities in a company that promotes from within.
- Time off to volunteer within our community.
- Hybrid working environment
Flexible Work Arrangement:
Accerta supports a hybrid work approach, which will give everyone the best of both worlds - a mix of home and in-office work days. Hybrid work schedules will be determined in partnership between individuals, managers, and the team.
Inclusive and Equal Opportunity Employer:
Accerta is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to fostering diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Accerta offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required throughout the recruitment process. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To request accommodation please contact email@example.com.
We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
For this posting, an Indigenous background will be an asset but is not mandatory.
Recruitment for these positions is being conducted by Barnes Management Group on behalf of Accerta. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and put the position you are inquiring about in the Subject line of your email.
To apply for this position, please click HERE