Manager, Employment Services (Toronto) - ACCES Employment
Manager, Employment Services
ACCES Employment is a leading non-profit organization that assists jobseekers from diverse backgrounds. We deliver a range of programs at locations across the GTA and we offer online services to job seekers across Canada and pre-arrival. Serving more than 34,000 jobseekers each year, ACCES delivers customized programs that focus on connecting our clients with leading employers or starting a business in Canada. With over 30 years of experience in the employment services sector, you will be joining a successful organization with an innovative and seasoned staff team.
We are looking for a skilled and career-oriented individual who thrives in a flexible and innovative environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
For this position, we are seeking a seasoned professional with solid management experience. This individual will have exceptional team-building, engagement, and communication skills and strong Employment Ontario experience to manage our busy downtown location. The candidate should be a results-oriented team player with demonstrated management skills in a not-for-profit environment. Reporting to the Director, Services & Community Engagement, Toronto, this individual will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of client service delivery at the Toronto location with specific accountability for Employment Ontario services. As part of the management team, this is a non-unionized position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise direct and indirect reports, including Programs and Services Coordinator, Employment Consultants, Employer Liaisons and administrative staff
- Manage, coordinate and monitor all assigned programs and services, ensuring all funding requirements, commitments and targets are met and assigned budget is spent
- Provide leadership and expertise to employment team in areas of assessment, case management, problem solving, intervention, crisis management, and understanding the principles and ethics of counseling
- Conduct performance reviews and support staff in identifying and pursuing professional development and training opportunities
- Coordinate the recruitment, training and management of new employees, placements, and volunteers
- Participate in the development and implementation of an effective outreach strategy to create and enhance relationships with community partners, funders and employers
- Represent ACCES in Toronto community networks and collaboration initiatives
- Demonstrate sensitivity and cultural awareness with regards to serving the needs of newcomer clients
- Support the successful execution of events at ACCES Toronto
- Participate in planning activities and work collaboratively within the management team
- Preparation of proposals, regular reports & statistics
- Coordinate and ensure all site facilities’ maintenance and repairs, equipment and renovation projects are completed according to established processes and procurement policies
- Oversee all site health & safety activities and participate in the Health & Safety Committee as a Management Representative
- Analyze and report program activities and make recommendations to senior management regarding strategies and activities that improve program efficiency and effectiveness; support implementation of recommended strategies and ensure program targets are met and exceeded
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Qualifications and Experience:
An organized self-starter with experience and education in the following areas:
- University Degree in Business, Human Services, or a related field
- Over 5 years of work-related experience in Human Services and minimum of 3 years experience of supervision and program or project management
- Exceptional strength in human resources areas of performance management, team leadership and staff coaching/mentoring, preferably in a diverse setting
- Solid knowledge and understanding of local labor market trends and community services networks
- Experience with Employment Ontario is an asset
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of career and employment counselling is an asset
- Experience developing community partnerships and funding proposals
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector and/or employment sector is an asset
- Excellent organizational, planning, problem solving and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and appropriately identify and respond to urgent situations while meeting competing deadlines
- Ability to travel to all ACCES locations, employer sites, outreach and networking events
Job Application Instructions
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
By email: email@example.com
Please note: Resumes are reviewed as they are submitted and candidates may be contacted for interviews. This position will be posted until it is filled.
Candidates may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire
ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ACCES is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons’ with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures, will be addressed confidentially.