Manager, Employment Service and Programs - Job Skills
Who we are: Job Skills offers employment solutions connecting the skills of job seekers with the needs of employers to create a more vibrant community.
What we need: Results-driven individuals who has:
- Previous experience leading a diverse team and serving multi-barriered Clients while demonstrating a non-judgmental, positive approach to challenges
- Demonstrated experience in Leadership, Financial Management, Trend/Statistical Analysis, Program Management and Program start up, Outreach, Change Management, Communication, Strategic Planning and Outcome Focus
- Collaborative approach towards other Program Services (both externally and internally)
- Solid knowledge of all facets of job search and career development techniques and practices
- Experience with developing and implementing new projects/programs
- Understanding of labour market challenges and barriers, particularly as they relate to internationally trained professionals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and dedication to the mission, values and beliefs of the organization
- The ability to lead and mentor Staff with a positive, energetic attitude
- Working knowledge of another language (considered an asset)
- Certification in Life Skills Coaching, Personality Dimensions and Common Assessment Training Level I & II, Level B Certified in the delivery of employability assessments (considered an asset)
- Proficiency in MS Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Internet
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
What you will do: The Manager, Employment Services and Programs supports the activities of the Job Skills Employment Programs and Services through the following activities:
- Ensure excellence in customer service through effective monitoring and scheduling of all resources including staff
- Ensure budget tracking is maintained and that spending requests are in line with budget limits
- Recommend and implement remedial action when necessary with respect to targets and human resource objectives
- Maintain a professional environment for clients and staff
- Provide informal and formal feedback on Staff performance
- Establish and maintains working relationships with community partners and Employers
- Monitor monthly progress of contractual targets
- Assist their Director with the implementation and monitoring of an Outreach Strategy within the community
- Develops working relationships with social service, community and employment agencies to promote programs and services delivered by Job Skills
- Assists in the planning for and participates in networking opportunities and community events
- Manage Staff across multiple locations
- Assist the planning and delivery of special events off site or at any Job Skills location
- Identify professional development needs and participates in training opportunities
- Minimum education requirement is a University Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years’ staff management experience
- 2-4 years’ experience in the Social Service sector
- Communication (oral and Written)
- Managing Performance
- Decision Making Abilities
- Building Collaborations/Partnerships
- Analytical Thinking
- Multi-tasking Abilities
- Change Management Abilities
What you will get: In addition to the satisfaction gained from helping people reach their goals, Job Skills offers a competitive salary and benefits package!
If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please read on to learn more about Job Skills, how you can apply to this exciting position and become part of our growing Job Skills Team!
Job Skills is a forward thinking, not-for-profit, charitable organization that is constantly developing or implementing new Programs to help individuals achieve economic independence. In doing so, we aim to contribute to the economic and social viability of our community. We are ethical, client-focused, performance-oriented and believe in the personal growth of our staff, our community and our clients.
As a Manager with Job Skills, you will work for a high performing organization that is dedicated to assisting individuals in achieving their employment goals.
Job Skills is committed to fostering a workplace that is both inclusive and representative of the communities we serve. As a diverse workplace incorporates a variety of backgrounds and perspectives, we believe that being a diverse and inclusive organization is essential to achieving success and client satisfaction in all Job Skills’ Services and Programs. To meet these objectives, we invite all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. Please be advised that accommodation is available upon request.
We thank all applicants, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted. Please indicate the position title, and job reference number in the email subject line and tell us how you learned about this opportunity in your cover letter.
Please reply in confidence by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, April 16, 2021.
JOB SKILLS Hiring Committee
Job Reference Number: PES040197
14-130 Davis Drive, Newmarket, ON, L3Y 2N1