Manager, Compliance & Complaints - HR Associates
The Home Construction Regulatory Authority (HCRA) is a private not-for-profit corporation that if designated by the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services, will be the regulatory authority responsible for licensing of Ontario’s new home builders and vendors. HCRA intends to foster improved home quality and homebuyer confidence in the home building industry through modernized licensing standards, education and compliance, providing increased consumer protection through enhanced regulatory measures. To learn more about HCRA please visit www.hcraontario.ca.
Manager, Compliance & Complaints
HCRA is seeking a risk-management focused leader with a strong regulatory background to join the organization in the role of Manager, Compliance & Complaints. Reporting to the Deputy Registrar, Licensing and Compliance, you will provide leadership and direction to the staff within the Licensing & Compliance Unit while managing the development and delivery of modern compliance programs to protect consumers in the homebuilding sector in Ontario. You will be responsible for:
- overseeing and monitoring the conduct of inspections, compliance investigations and resultant compliance orders, including administrative penalties;
- supporting the development and management of the operational implementation of a transparent and accessible complaints management process;
- using a risk management and harm reduction approach in the operationalization of compliance activities, including assessment, monitoring and testing; and,
- overseeing ongoing reviews of compliance and inspection activities, ensuring continuous improvement through the incorporation of consumer and stakeholder feedback.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- A minimum of six years’ progressive experience in compliance, inspections, or investigations, including at least four years spent leading teams
- Completion of a university degree in business administration or a related field (or a combination of equivalent education, training and experience)
- Strong technical knowledge of the housing industry and consumer protection processes, including relevant regulation and legislation (New Home Construction Licensing Act, 2017, Criminal Code, Canada Evidence Act, Provincial Offences Act, etc.)
- Familiarity with administrative law tribunals, quasi-judicial proceedings, and case management systems and related problem-solving, dispute resolution and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated understanding of practices and standards related to program administration, specifically as related to inspection and compliance-related regulatory processes
- Transformational leadership to create a high-performance culture
- Change management abilities to create a positive, inclusive and productive work environment;
- Political acuity to recognize and respond in a timely manner to policy and stakeholder issues which may have an impact for the organization
- Effective facilitation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills to develop and build consensus
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong influencing, communication, and vision-setting abilities to support development of HCRA’s strategic and business plans
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to HR Associates (our recruitment partner) at email@example.com by August 21, 2020. If you have questions, please contact Diana Pisignani at 416-237-1500 x238. For more information about HCRA or to view other career opportunities, please visit www.hcraontario.ca.
HCRA will offer a competitive compensation package including benefits and a defined contribution pension plan.
We thank all external applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Accommodation, if required, will be provided throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Human Rights Code.