Manager - Community Living Ajax-Pickering and Whitby
- Support individuals with a dual diagnosis (developmental disability and mental health disorder and/or challenging behaviour) in a residential home setting.
- Lead/manage direct support staff to ensure the duties associated to the residential home are carried out.
- Ensure program compliance with Municipal By-Laws, Fire Code, Health & Safety, and Developmental Services Act requirements.
- Assuming emergency on-call rotation duties as required;
- Assume temporary management of alternate programs when required;
- Contribute to and participate on Association and Community committees;
- Model exemplary professional communication, and respectful engagement with supported individuals, family members, Association employees, and the community;
- Attend team meetings and training events;
- Establish and maintain Person Directed Planning process for all supported individuals;
- Design individualized programming and behaviour intervention plans.
- Supervise, train, and evaluate behavior interventions.
- Oversee the programming of assigned clients including: analysis of data, making data driven program changes, writing and updating Individual Service Plans, attending/organizing team meetings, and working as part of the interdisciplinary team.
- Provide environments that are tailored to the individual needs of each person supported. These environments must also be designed to ensure that all involve are safe by in part, ensuring that policies and procedures are posted and adhered to as specified and required
- Provide ongoing support and training to families.
- Conducting meetings with caregivers, educational and community agencies.
- Provide training designed to meet the needs identified through the Person-Centered Planning process;
- Participate in community assessments and community-based treatments as needed;
- Monitor direct performance of direct support staff on an ongoing basis and formally appraise, at least annually, the performance of each staff based on job description and established goals.
- Recommend training and development for support staff.
- Meet regularly with direct support staff, supervisory team, interdisciplinary team, and Executive Director to review program needs and all aspects of service.
- Revise job descriptions as necessary in collaboration with the Human Resources
- Hire and provide orientation and training to full-time, part-time, and students to meet ongoing needs.
- Facilitate the development of skills in everyday life and support the promotion and maintenance of health and well-being of the individuals in service;
- Provide a home-like environment for supported individuals, ensuring that their rights are maintained and respected;
- Organize the supports for individuals to obtaining services in the community including, if necessary, accompanying them to medical and other professional appointments;
- Perform various administrative duties (i.e. financial, health & safety, medication, property inspections, progress reports, ) as required;
- Complete quarterly and monthly inspection
- Ensure all compliance documentation is completed on time throughout the course of the year
- Budget preparation and management; administration of petty cash, review and coordination of site expenses Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a managerial role, supervisory experience in Residential settings
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a social service organization supporting the inclusion of people with intellectual disabilities in the community;
- Experience in supporting adults with complex needs, dual diagnosis, and high behavioural needs in the community;
- Experience working with families, advocates, other services, and community leaders;
- Experience in working as a part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Commitment to the equal citizenship and the inclusion of all citizens in our society;
- Ability to engage and support individuals based on the Bio-Psycho-Social and person cantered approaches;
- Maturity and flexibility, good personal judgement in dealing with people;
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing persuasively, and in a clear and concise manner;
- Ability to work effectively in a Managerial role;
- Ability to work independently and initiate new programs;
- Ability to work under pressure and demonstrate experience in dealing with emergency and crisis situations;
- Knowledge of developmental disabilities, dual diagnosis, behavioural interventions;
- Valid certificate in First-Aid, CPR and Safe Management is preferred;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Accessibility to a reliable vehicle that can be used on the job;
- Demonstrated regular attendance at work.
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours a week, primarily daytime hours with the flexibility to work occasional weekend and evening hours when necessary and to serve as an after-hours on-call Manager approximately once a month or as needed.
STARTING DATE: ASAP
STARTING SALARY: $ 64,646.40 per year
APPLY TO: Human Resources Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Living Ajax-Pickering welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If selected for an interview and require any accommodations, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or (905) 427-3300 Ext. 239