Manager, Community Engagement - Habitat for Humanity Greater Vancouver
The Manager, Community Engagement is the leader in the strategic development, management, implementation and delivery of Habitat for Humanity Greater Vancouver’s fundraising and stewardship programs. The Manager, Community Engagement is an external Ambassador for our mission, advocating for financial support to build more homes through a high touch, targeted and authentic engagement approach.
Duties and Responsibilities
o Achieve fundraising targets and associated KPIs to financially support home construction
o Acquire new gifts and renew existing gifts from major donors, corporate partners, organizations, individuals and foundations through active community connections.
o Develop a plan to increase the dollars raised by Habitat via Major and Legacy giving.
o Collaborate with the Senior Leadership Team to ensure proper clearance and strategy for approach.
o Design and implement effective solicitation strategies that will identify and acquire high-potential donors.
o Execute effective stewardship strategies that will strengthen relationships with named donors and uncover opportunities to grow these partnerships.
o Develop and/or update briefing materials, cases for support, proposals, presentations, and gift agreements.
o Develop the annual fundraising business plan to align with organizational strategic plan and business needs and targets
o Provide coaching to Board Members, volunteers and staff as applicable as it relates to fundraising best practices stewardship and fundraising event coaching
o Board reporting on fundraising performance and forecasts
o Adhere to AFP Donor Bill of Rights and ethical fundraising guidelines
• PLAN & REPORT:
o Develop, implement and evaluate organizational fundraising plan in line with established targets, associated KPIs, team plan and strategic organizational objectives including assessment of ROI and development program priorities.
o Provide complete and comprehensive reports.
o Maintain up-to-date and accurate donor and prospect records.
o Continuously ensure that the organization’s donor database management system (Salesforce) is reflective of all fundraising activities.
o Inclusive of campaign setup with target recorded in CRM
o Lead in the ongoing and enhanced utilization, reporting and analysis functions available through the CRM technologies
o Understand the economic, funder and business trends responsible for effects on fundraising initiatives and programs
o Develop the annual fundraising budget, monitor and report on performance to budget and update projections
o Develop reporting formats to monitor multi-year financial targets to meet operational needs
• MANAGE RELATIONSHIPS:
o Continually develop relationships with new and returning donors, corporate partners and foundations through ongoing stewardship and moves management.
o Ensure donor stewardship program is relevant, current and reflective of our work and the donor expectations
o Grow a network of effective interpersonal relationships with national staff, volunteers, community partners and other stakeholders to achieve shared fundraising objectives.
o Work collaboratively with all stakeholders to solicit gifts for funding priorities.
o Ensure physical visibility in the community through ongoing presentations, meetings and attendance at events
o Effectively and accurately communicate and align Habitat for Humanity Greater Vancouver’s mission, values and fundraising priorities within the interests and strategic objectives of donors, always representing Habitat for Humanity Greater Vancouver in a highly ethical and confidential manner.
o Conduct presentations and lead meetings with various internal and external stakeholders including, but not limited to, corporate partners, major donors, Habitat affiliates, volunteers, team members, and the senior leadership team.
o Lead and be a contributing member of cross-functional teams.
o Work collaboratively with the affiliate team to build and execute various projects including, but not limited to, cause marketing initiatives, collateral materials, donor development strategies, sponsorship/partnership programs and other resources.
• DEVELOP PROFESSIONALLY: From time to time, participate in professional development opportunities and attend key charitable and donor-related events outside of regular office hours.
• 5+ years of experience in charitable sector with a proven history of success across a range of fundraising channels, or related experience in sales, business development, or corporate partnerships with proven results.
• University degree in relevant field or demonstrated equivalent working experience.
• Demonstrated experience developing and managing stewardship programs
• Ability to think strategically and manage competing priorities in a high-volume and results-oriented environment; demonstrated resourcefulness and independence, but comfortable working within the framework of a team-oriented environment.
• Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to identify strategic business development opportunities and then to plan, implement and evaluate these initiatives.
• Results and achievement-oriented personality with high degree of initiative, and comfort with analytics and financial goals.
• Eager to drive and share knowledge of best practices in sponsorship fundraising and corporate partnerships.
• A bias towards action, a can-do attitude, a positive disposition and a natural relationship builder.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire and lead with confidence and trust amongst all stakeholders, including direct reports, acting ethically and responsibly in all interactions.
• Possess expert communication skills – written, oral and presentation including well developed networking ability with a proven capacity to establish new relationships easily.
• Superior listening skills with an ability to translate the concerns and interests of corporate partners into attractive opportunities for investment in Habitat Greater Vancouver’s programs and priorities.
• Interest in and dedication to Habitat for Humanity’s mission, with ability to passionately articulate key messages and demonstrate an understanding of the organization’s work.
• Excellent organization, planning and time management skills and exacting attention to detail.
• Behaves in a manner that fosters a positive atmosphere throughout the organization; consistently demonstrates a commitment to teamwork, hard work, professionalism and openness.
• A valid driver’s license and use of a reliable vehicle and the ability to travel is required.
• Expert knowledge of MS Office and other relevant software programs, experience with Sales Force, Artez / Panorama and Benevity an asset.
• Membership in AFP an asset
The Manager, Community Engagement works during Habitat Greater Vancouver’s normal office hours 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday and may on occasion be required to attend a partner related event outside of normal office hours.
Full extended Health and Dental benefits after probationary period.
Salary based on experience.