Manager, CDP Solutions & Sales - Wavefront Centre for Communication Accessibility
Title: Manager, CDP Solutions & Sales
Location: Vancouver, BC
Position Status: Full-Time, 35 hours per week
Reports to: Head of Audiology
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Manager, CDP Solutions & Sales is successful in the delivery of the Wavefront Centre for Communication Accessibility, Communication Device Program (CDP). Duties of this role includes meeting annual program goals and financial targets, as well as the design, implementation and management of effective day-to-day operations. The manager provides technical expertise and assistance to the staff and clients on CDP products and solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Communication Devices Program.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the various products, services and industry trends to leverage success in the fulfillment of sales.
- Identify new products and services, plan for new programs and program expansion that may be marketable via the CDP and undertake market analysis to quantify opportunity.
- Develop and operationalize the e-commerce strategy to increase sales.
- Initiate and maintain all appropriate correspondence. Maintain accurate records and statistics. Provide reports on services, finances and analysis of service delivery.
- Negotiate opportunities to market the business in a cost-effective manner.
- Work collaboratively with the team on contract budgets and submissions.
- Develop and maintain promotional and marketing activities in conjunction with the Marketing & Communications Department.
- Demonstrate product usage and applications to clients and at public presentations.
- Organize periodic training and communication sessions for all audiology and program staff.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge in regard to hearing health care technologies and solutions and ensures that this is shared with staff and other stakeholders as required.
- Processes orders (shipping, receiving, delivery) of products to clients and businesses.
- Other duties as required.
ABOUT YOU, THE CANDIDATE
Education and Experience:
Post-secondary degree or diploma in Communications, Marketing, or Business Administration. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in the marketing and sales of assistive listening devices, hearing aids/implantable technologies, and associated products required.
- Solid understanding of supply chain management and e-commerce operations.
- Experience and proven success in digital and social media marketing.
- Experience in marketing analytics and CRM programs.
- Experience in retail sales and customer service.
- Strong financial and budgetary skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Interest in the provision of devices and services that assist people who are Deaf, DeafBlind, and Hard of Hearing achieve communication accessibility.
- Creative interest in developing an effective in-store and online presence.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to working in culturally diverse environments.
- Wavefront Centre for Communication Accessibility is a bilingual environment (ASL/English), ability to communicate in American Sign Language or a willingness to learn is an asset.
- Strong aptitude for technological applications for mobile phones and devices.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to respond to shifting priorities and multi-tasking.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Personable, friendly, articulate communicator.
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills.
ABOUT WAVEFRONT CENTRE FOR COMMUNICATION ACCESSIBILITY
Established in 1956 and trusted for over 64 years, Wavefront Centre for Communication Accessibility (operating name for Western Institute for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing) is a BC based, charitable non-profit organization. Wavefront Centre serves over 16,000 Deaf and Hard of Hearing clients each year by delivering innovative services in the areas of Audiology, Counselling, Seniors Outreach, Accessible Communication Services, Communication Devices and Clinical Research to help clients achieve full communication accessibility.
Hours of work:
The typical hours of work are 8:30am to 4:30pm or 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
Contact: Grace Shyng, Head of Audiology
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email your cover letter and resume as a PDF.
Application Deadline: The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
Watch this in ASL here: https://youtu.be/_UggG8M2Oe0
Wavefront Centre for Communication Accessibility will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request. Wavefront Centre is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.