Manager, Advancement - Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Position Title: Manager, Advancement
- Available: October 2020
- Applicant Deadline: September 24, 2020
We are seeking an energetic, passionate individual to foster a culture of philanthropy within CCNM. Reporting to the CFO, this role participates with the senior leadersip team, staff and governing body to define the organization’s advancement and philanthropic mission and direction. The incumbent will also provide vital input in short and long-term strategic and operational planning and positioning within the organization.
This position will ensure the culture, systems and procedures of the department support all aspects of fund development, advancement and stewardship. This position will ensure appropriate systems are in place for volunteer management; prospect research and cultivation; gift processing and recognition; stewardship and the implementation of fundraising campaigns to meet the goals as set by CCNM. as the incumbent will develop and maintain accountability and compliance standards for all activities. Supervises administrative staff, student staff and volunteers.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree/diploma from an accredited university, college or equivalent (corporate wellness, fundraising, database management, commerce, business administration, public relations, non-profit management, etc.)
- 5–7 years’ experience in fundraising and sponsor/donor management and event coordination
- Experience using a fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge)
- Highly developed computer literacy in all range of administrative support programs such as MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access, specifically with database management
- Previous sales, relationship management and negotiating experience
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Superior research skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels orally and in writing, and to network and develop business relationships
- Organizational, time management and event coordination skills
- Planning and project management skills
To Apply: Submit your resume with a covering letter to the Human Resources Department via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
On the covering letter, please indicate the title of the position that you are applying for. We thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
For over 40 years, CCNM has been Canada’s premier institute for education and research in naturopathic medicine. We offer the only post graduate, four year, Doctor of Naturopathy degree in Canada. Our graduates are recognized for regulation/licensure across North America. The College occupies an attractive 4.3 acre campus in North York (401 and Leslie). CCNM’s clinics provide over 50,000 patient visits of care annually, in 13 sites across the GTA. We provide an attractive work environment for those who value good health. The College is a registered charity.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise the Human Resources department if you require accommodation.