Livestream Technical Producer - Canadian Network for International Surgery (CNIS)
The Canadian Network for International Surgery (CNIS) is an impactful non-profit charity organization and thought leader in global education — providing surgical and midwifery education to low-resource communities around the world, mostly in East Africa. With a few apps under our belt and a current project digitizing our popular midwifery course in Tanzania, we at CNIS, are now looking to move further forward in the digital realm. We plan to specialize in live streaming our instructors teaching our renowned courses to our remote students all over the world, and we are looking for a passionate and driven streaming and broadcast expert to help us do it.
We are seeking an experienced Livestream Technical Producer to assist us in producing live stream YouTube video channel and Facebook Live content using Open Broadcaster Software (OBS).
We are a Windows & MAC environment and would like the candidate to assist us in setting up a mini studio with high quality video & audio. Graphic design experience/training, especially with access to Adobe Creative Suite, is a big plus.
Expected work hours will vary from 4-10 hours/week and will, at times, occur on EAT (East African Time) on weekdays. Schedule specifics will be discussed and can be negotiated.
- Manage livestream software and set up OBS to spec
- Interface with instructors (1 or 2), check-in and cue to live
- Operate OBS transitions between cross-Canada sessions, if necessary
- Operate equipment used for video media and audio
- Establish a clear understanding of the teaching scope and purpose of the video's creation
- Improve video and sound quality using OBS video/audio software
- Edit video to include preselected graphics, music, interviews, sound clips and other important aspects of the project
- Ensure the correct formatting and presentation for finalized videos
- Available to produce PM and/or AM livestreams as needed (schedule open to discussion)
- Degree, diploma or certificate in film editing or related experience
- Mastery of video and audio editing software and programs, preferably OBS
- Ability to multitask and work toward milestones on various projects
- Videography experience desired (including film/video samples)
- Ability to understand the desired outcome of a project and the ability to execute those outcomes
- Experience editing various video projects and inserting sound effects, music and transitions
- Excellent communication skills required to have a solid understanding of project scope and implementation
- Ability to collaborate well with other CNIS staff
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com to Vimi Sian, CNIS Office Manager.