Life Enrichment Worker - LOFT Community Services
LOFT Community Services is committed to reflecting and responding to the diversity of the service users and communities we serve. Applications are encouraged which reflect diversity in culture, race, sexual orientation, gender identity and experience that reflects the clients that we serve.
LIFE ENRICHMENT WORKER
1 Full-time Permanent Position
August 07, 2019
Working within a team of other professionals, the Life Enrichment Worker will enhance the quality of life for clients facing complex challenges which could include mental health and/or addiction challenges, cognitive impairment, ongoing physical health issues, responsive behaviours and/or other neurological disorders who are living at our John Gibson House and St. Anne’s programs. The Life Enrichment Worker plans, coordinates, implements and directs recreational, educational or therapeutic activity programs that assist residents in maintaining and developing intellectual, physical, spiritual, social and recreational opportunities and, further assists in building interpersonal relationships and social skills.
- Degree and/or diploma in Therapeutic Recreation or recreation with a therapeutic concentration;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with vulnerable, older adults and seniors who may be living with mental illness, cognitive and neurological illnesses, addiction challenges and/or responsive behaviours who have been longer term hospital patients;
- Knowledge and training in GPA, Montessori Methods for Dementia, PIECES and Restorative Care;
- Knowledge and proven experience working with clients in a PSR (Psychosocial Rehabilitation) approach;
- Ability to organize and work with individuals and groups in the areas of assessment, program planning and problem solving;
- Ability to interact with clients in a positive and supportive manner;
- Physically able to perform required duties;
- First Aid and CPR certification;
- Good oral and written skills; excellent computer skills; ability to follow written and verbal instructions;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Demonstrated effectiveness working with minimal supervision with proven reliability and trustworthiness;
- Valid drivers’ license and access to own vehicle is required;
- Ability to communicate in a different language, an asset.
TO APPLY: Send resume with covering letter to Human Resources, Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Sunday August 18, 2019
PLEASE INCLUDE “LEW - TORONTO” IN THE SUBJECT BAR OF ANY EMAILS.