Learning Design Officer - Digital Opportunity Trust
Who We Are:
Digital Opportunity Trust (DOT) is a Canadian-based non-profit that works in 25 countries, supporting youth to become innovators and leaders, and to create and apply digital solutions that have positive impact in their communities. DOT works with youth, the private sector, governments, and community-based organizations towards a collaborative vision of communities around the world shaped by daring social innovators.
DOT is seeking an innovative and enthusiastic instructional design professional to join our team as a Learning Design Officer. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Learning Experience Design, the Learning Design Officer will be responsible for the development of DOT training and education programming.
This is an exciting opportunity for a developing professional to join a creative environment with a supportive, collaborative, and solutions-oriented team. We offer flexible working arrangements and the opportunity to work with a dynamic and collaborative international team and make a difference globally.
As an ideal candidate for this role, you’re able to take complex information and communicate it in a lucid, concise and accurate manner. You are self-directed and team-oriented, able to work with project managers, developers, and facilitators to help plan, design, create, write, deliver, and maintain concise, participant-centred program experiences. You’re a problem-solver with excellent people and communication skills who thrives in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
Above all, you possess a strong spirit for community service and share DOT’s passion for the role of youth in creating a better world.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to understand learning needs and identify gaps;
- Create, review and refine learning design documents and plans based on learning and market needs;
- Produce and maintain effective holistic program instructional and support materials in accordance with development guidelines and accessibility standards;
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate internal and external learning events such as workshops and meetings;
- Document and track program design efforts across teams;
- Stay up to date on research and developments in the sector, and share that learning with your colleagues;
- Build relationships across teams;
- Think critically, creatively and innovatively to bring value across the multiple teams engaging in the project.
- Degree in Education, Instructional Design, English, or a related field;
- 3+ years’ experience developing educational materials, ideally in the adult learning and development space;
- Highly proficient in e-learning content development tools like Adobe Captivate or Articulate Storyline;
- Ability to receive assignments as objectives and formulate plans to deliver results;
- Strong sense of ownership of your outcomes and comfortable working through tasks independently;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, experience working in a cross-cultural environment;
- Team player with the ability to work in a diverse environment with multiple stakeholders;
- Manages multiple priorities in a fast-paced and shifting environment;
- Works collaboratively across countries and functional teams.
- Experience starting and running a business is particularly valuable, as the Learning Design Officer will be heavily focused on supporting the development of educational materials for young entrepreneurs;
- Proficiency with G Suite tools;
- Ability to speak a second language;
- Experience developing courses and supporting learners in Moodle or similar LMS;
- Experience with UX design;
- English essential; French desirable.
What DOT Offers:
- Salary: $45,000-$50,000;
- Opportunities for professional growth and development;
- Opportunity to make a real difference in the developing world;
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic International team committed to youth and systems change.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to our listing on Charity Village.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
DOT is an equal opportunity employer and accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.