Lead Student Recruitment & Services Representative (Bilingual) - Contact North | Contact Nord
Contact North | Contact Nord helps educationally underserved Ontarians in 800 small, rural, remote, Indigenous and Francophone communities get a degree, diploma, certificate or upgrade their skills via online learning without leaving their communities. We provide services in English and French. For more information, visit www.contactnorth.ca.
Contact North | Contact Nord is seeking a positive, energetic and organized individual to fill the following part-time position:
LEAD STUDENT RECRUITMENT & SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE – Ottawa Carleton (Bilingual)
Competition # 20-68-ORLE
Reporting to the Online Learning Recruitment Officer, the Lead Student Recruitment & Services Representative position will be based out of our Orleans online learning centre. The successful candidate will:
- Engage with and recruit students for online literacy, basic skills, training, and secondary school courses and programs, as well as any recruitment tasks identified by the Online Learning Recruitment Officer.
- Complete and ensure follow-ups with prospective students and students using Contact North | Contact Nord’s services at the online learning centre(s) within the territory to provide details on all services available and explore the option of registering in a first or subsequent course.
- Enter and update complete and accurate data in the customer relationship management (CRM) tool populating all required fields, conduct CRM audits as directed by the Supervisor and ensure Student Recruitment & Services Representatives do the same.
- Coordinate the exam bookings and invigilation services ensuring processes and guidelines are followed, timelines are met and information accurately entered.
- Record weekly data provided by the Online Learning Recruitment Officer and the Student Recruitment & Services Representatives on Requests for Services responded to at the online learning centre(s) each Friday afternoon.
- Pro-actively identify and present a list of opportunities to generate registrations to the Online Learning Recruitment Officer every week (where available), which may include career and education fairs, suitable locations for targeted distribution and posting of promotional materials, new referral organizations and influencers, and other opportunities.
- At the request of the Online Learning Recruitment Officer, actively promote Contact North | Contact Nord’s services, including available online programs and courses, at targeted events or meetings and promptly submit factual updates on participation in such events to the Online Learning Recruitment Officer, including statistics on the number of potential registrations, number of potential new clients, influencers or stakeholders engaged and other relevant details.
- Actively support all Targeted Recruitment Campaigns in the local community(ies) supported by the online learning centre(s) as directed by the Online Learning Recruitment Officer, including targeted distribution of promotional materials and tracking responses/interest in the CRM and other tracking tools.
- The Lead Recruitment & Services Representative submits a Daily Report to the Online Learning Recruitment Officer by 4:00 p.m. listing key operational and recruitment related steps taken, key statistics, any major issues and how they were resolved, complaints and how they were handled. The Lead Recruitment & Student Services Representative immediately flags any urgent or time sensitive issues to the Online Learning Recruitment Officer.
- Proven bilingualism (written and oral) in French and English in areas designated under the French Language Services Act;
- A Secondary School Diploma with preference given to those with a post-secondary credential in a related field such as office administration, business administration, executive assistant.
- 1-3 years customer service experience in fields such as retail, call centre, banks/insurance companies.
- 1-3 years experience in a sales position, such as retail, call centre, business sales, banks/insurance companies.
- Experience with, or a willingness, to learn to use a variety of learning technologies such as audio, video and web conferencing.
- Able to take full responsibility for key assigned areas of student services process while working with minimal supervision.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous data entry experience.
- Experience with or knowledge of online learning.
- Sound functional knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgement and diplomacy through contact with students, faculty/instructors, local host and other community stakeholders.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation, which would allow for travel within the boundaries of the assigned territory at the direction of the Online Learning Recruitment Officer.
Compensation: $18.09 per hour including vacation pay and statutory holiday pay
Hours of work: Up to 28 hours per week based on the online learning centre’s requirements
Start Date: As soon as possible
Interested individuals are invited to submit a cover letter and electronic résumé, complete with two to three employment references, quoting Job Competition # 20-68-ORLE in the subject line of the e-mail. This position is OPEN UNTIL FILLED, please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.