Lead, Finance - Reconnect Community Health Services
Positions Available: 1 Compensation: $60,000 to $77,000 Per Annum
Unionized Position: No Hours of Work: 37.50 hours per week
Position Type: Full-time Permanent
Job Class: Corporate Services
Reporting to the Director of Finance, The Lead, Finance is an integral member of the finance team whose focus will be ensuring the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements as well as leading projects/initiatives that impact financial reporting and financial systems. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare a comprehensive monthly financial package that includes financial statements, notes and variance analyses within prescribed deadlines for review by the Director of Finance;
- Provide direction to the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions;
- Maintain and enhance accounting and financial reporting systems;
- Carry out the Payroll function in the absence of the Payroll Analyst;
- Participate in projects or initiatives with financial accounting or financial systems impacts;
- Assist the Director of Finance in the budgeting and forecasting processes;
- Aid in the development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of financial controls and procedures.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Minimum five years related accounting/financial experience, preferably in a government-funded, not-for-profit organization; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Key skills and abilities we are looking for:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge of and experience in payroll processing
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office products primarily in Excel and Word
- Self-directed and independent, but also experienced in working effectively as a member a team, which includes internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail
- Excellent prioritization skills and ability to manage in a fast-paced environment
- Criminal background check;
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, as required;
Who we are:
Reconnect Community Health Services is a Toronto based not-for-profit offering a wide range of programs, treatment, support services and help to individuals 16 years of age and older. Our services include Adult Day Services, Case Management, Home Help and Personal Care, Meals on Wheels, Therapeutic Falls Prevention, Mental Health Multidisciplinary Teams, Addictions Case Management, Crisis Outreach and Crisis Beds.
All interested applicants who meet the qualifications listed above are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Thursday, August 22, 2019. Please reference "Lead, Finance" in the subject line of your email.
To request an accommodation in the application process, contact us by phone at (416) 248-2050 ext. 5288
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
1281 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario M6E 1B8
Reconnect Community Health Services promotes the principles of and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We strongly encourage applicants with lived experiences, from Indigenous communities, people of all races, colors, ethnic origins, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations to apply. We recognize that equitable access to employment is an agent in social change.