Knowledge Translation Officer - CARE Canada
CARE Canada is looking for a Knowledge Translation Officer for a 4-6 month contract
ABOUT THE ROLE / WHAT THE ROLE OFFERS
The Global Health team at CARE Canada is looking for short-term (4-6 month) support to translate our program impact and learning data from a number of closing RMNCH projects, into high impact communication products for a variety of key audiences. This position will work closely with Global Health program staff and liaise with CARE Canada’s public engagement team.
WHAT YOU OFFER / ABOUT YOU
- Knowledge of international development, with preferred expertise in global health
- Practical experience in programming and/or communications/advocacy
- English fluency required including superior written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative and creativity
- Strong design skills, and ability to produce polished communications products
- Experience turning technical documents and data into external communications for advocacy, fundraising and external representation. Examples will be requested.
- Strong demonstrated skills working with external partners and bringing several stakeholders together for a common goal
- Ability to work independently and across multiple projects at the same time
- Promote and maintain an organizational culture that advances gender equality, reduces power abuse and inequalities, and fosters trust and safety.
- Create an environment within CARE's workplaces, programming, and communities where CARE works that is free from sexual harassment, sexual abuse and sexual exploitation and child abuse (SHEA-CA).
- Ensure high standards of prevention and response measures for SHEA-CA are in place consistent with the CARE International (CI) Safeguarding Policy and Safeguarding Code of Conduct.
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to Communications/English, Media or Marketing OR international development, or equivalent combination of education and experience
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU EXTRAORDINARY
Fluency in French.
WHAT WE OFFER / ABOUT CARE
- Generous leave entitlements
- Flexible work hours and current work from home arrangement
- A family-friendly environment
- Amazing colleagues who are very committed to CARE’s mission
If you are someone who thrives on challenge, loves to be part of a dynamic team and you are passionate about making a difference, then this opportunity is for you and we would like to hear from you. Please note resumes will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the advertisement will be removed once candidate has been identified. Don’t wait to apply!
CARE Canada is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Recruitment-related accommodations for persons with disabilities are available on request.
As part of CARE Canada's commitment to preventing sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, we conduct reference checks on all final stage candidates in line with the Interagency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. By applying to this role with CARE Canada, you are giving us consent to contact your previous employers to seek information in line with this scheme.