Knowledge Management Specialist - World Vision Canada
Position: Knowledge Management Specialist
Reports to: Manager, Sector Integration & Technical Branding
Position Term: Full time Permanent
The Knowledge Management Specialist provides technical leadership in the use of traditional and digital learning approaches to develop and implement innovative, creative, and effective strategies to capture, interpret and share technical knowledge with donors, partners and internal stakeholders. The Knowledge Management Specialist leverages best practices of synthesizing, organizing and disseminating knowledge to improve the effectiveness of development programs, establish WVC’s technical branding and thought leadership, and therefore leverage impact for resource acquisition opportunities and in support of policy influence.
To this end, the KM Specialist will provide technical leadership for Programs and Policy (P&P) in implementing the WVC Knowledge Mobilization strategy. The purpose of this position is to lead learning events, producing resources, facilitating content development and engagement, while supporting Program/Grant Managers in reporting, partner liaison and internal and external communications to demonstrate field impact.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure implementation of Knowledge Mobilization strategy, standards and processes
- Operationalize an end-to-end knowledge mobilization strategy that links content development and engagement strategies that facilitate timely, useful delivery of information through project learning platforms and activities.
- Interpret and promote KM standards and guidelines, best practices, and state-of-the-art approaches among WVC staff.
- Facilitate the transfer of vetted synthesized evidence between content experts (Technical Specialists), data synthesizers (MEAL specialist), program managers and knowledge users (Programs & Policy, Marketing teams) into day-to-day tools, evidence products
and impact communications.
- Provide guidance to Technical Specialists and other staff to identify, manage, package and disseminate key information to advance technical practice in development and effectively share program results and impact with key stakeholder audiences including development
practitioners and academic/research partners.
- Manage the creation of updated knowledge products that showcase results and impact, to effectively profile WVC through technical branding and thought leadership, and thus, support resource acquisition opportunities and policy influence. This includes, case studies, stories, reports, briefing notes, business-to-business website and other externally facing resources.
- Collaborate with Program/Grant Managers, Technical Specialists, Digital team and other
internal stakeholders to find creative ways to publish and disseminate research results, recognizing that it is critical to ensure this data is accessible and reaching a broad stakeholder base.
- Provide technical guidance to Program/Grant Managers in the development and review of training materials, reports and other external documents as needed.
- Design, manage and disseminate a quarterly dashboard that tracks and presents KM metrics.
- Strengthen internal and external engagements to support Knowledge Management goals
- Strengthen the capacity of critical stakeholders, both in WVC and the field, in knowledge creation, knowledge translation and dissemination through training, coaching, mentoring, and ongoing project support.
- Communicate and track KM opportunities and participation in activities against targets
established within the Annual Workplan. This includes, providing technical guidance in the vetting, selection and monitoring of KM opportunities.
- Identify and promote conference and publication opportunities for staff to support scholarship and technical branding.
- Conduct submission review process for journal publications, conferences, poster presentations and other learning events.
- Identify and curate content for impact website and manage website community engagement to foster technical branding and thought leadership.
- Coordinate internal and external learning events with staff and external partners.
- Ensure effective representation of WVC’s programmatic impact to external donors and partners through dissemination of assessment findings and lessons learned, and participation in professional conferences and networks.
- Work with Public Relations team to manage and curate social media opportunities such as twitter feeds and blogs to communicate program results and build awareness of the WVC program portfolio to priority stakeholder audiences.
- University degree in a development field, communication, social science, economics, or other related discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience (preferred) in knowledge management, organizational learning, international development, or other relevant experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of evidence-based programming, knowledge management principles and capacity to deliver knowledge management and/or organizational learning activities
- Demonstrated interest in and capacity to deliver knowledge management and/or organizational learning programs
- Good analytical skills and the ability to translate complex concepts into clear, understandable ideas.
- Excellent written communication skills and the capacity to summarize large volumes of information into concise formats.
- Strong analytical skills for synthesis of materials, evaluations, and preparation of poster presentations etc.
- Experience in project management, web content management.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-organizationally and cross-culturally to ensure alignment and realization of strategic goals.
- Excellent facilitation and organizational skills.