Knowledge Exchange Manager - Safeguards Training for Children and Adult Services
Safeguards Training for Children and Adult Services
Join SafeGuards Training to make a difference in the lives of children, youth and adults impacted by trauma. Develop relevant and responsive learning opportunities and help build the capacity of professionals in trauma work and trauma-informed practice.
Knowledge Exchange Manager
We are looking for a dynamic person who will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of trauma-informed training, resources and knowledge mobilization. This involves keeping abreast of evidence-based and emerging practices and the changing needs of sectors being served. SafeGuards is a non-profit partnership of provincial associations that provides training across Canada. Working with a small team, you will enhance Safeguard’s capacity and expand learning opportunities across related sectors.
The Knowledge Exchange Manager position is full-time and reports to the Executive Director and works with the Knowledge Exchange Committee, staff and trainers to meet the strategic plan and annual goals.
The Knowledge Exchange Manager is responsible for open enrolment and in-service programs that support the strategic objectives of SafeGuards Training, promote its vision, mission and values, and uphold its standards in evidence-based training related to trauma and trauma-informed practice for professionals.
Innovation and Quality Assurance: Assess the effectiveness of learning content and programs, skill and competency gaps, make recommendations for improvements and develop processes that ensure consistency and efficiency, i.e. needs assessment, program evaluation, standards and project management.
Program Development: Manage the process to build the roster of contracted trainers, content experts and consultants to support identified training needs. Develop the annual calendar of trainings to meet training goals.
Implementation of Training Programs: Collaborate with trainers, content experts, contracted services to ensure curriculum and learning resources are aligned with training goals and developed and implemented within budget and timeframes. Work with the Training Coordinator around on-going operational details of training delivery.
Marketing Support: Develop topic specific content for the website and support marketing strategies with relevant resources. Represent Safeguards at conferences and other learning and development opportunities.
In-service Training: Manage the program and work with agencies and trainers/content experts to ensure high quality customized workplace learning.
Workplans/Budgets/Reporting: In relation to areas of responsibilities manage budgets, work plans and related contracts. Document work and provide written reports/presentations as required.
- Hold relevant degree(s) in related fields with five years of demonstrated experience in adult education, professional development and knowledge exchange.
- Have previous work experience in trauma, trauma-informed practice, mental health, social services and/or academic settings.
- Knowledgeable about learning and development trends, instructional design, technology and the application in professional development and learning.
- Experience in designing, developing and evaluating curriculum, learning activities and resources for e-learning, blended learning and classroom training.
- Experience with a range of knowledge exchange and mobilization methods (e.g. communities of practice, newsletters, webinars, online collaborative spaces) with demonstrated ability to research, analyze and develop options and strategies.
- Excellent oral communication skills and superior written communication, editing and proof-reading skills to ensure production of high quality educational materials and website content.
- Project management knowledge and experience with demonstrated record of success in managing complex, concurrent projects where technology is a key component.
- Demonstrated skills in working with committees and contractors in the design and production of learning products.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, creative problem-solving abilities and organizational skills are required to build consensus among a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to advance strategic priorities.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license an asset
- Bilingualism (French/English) an asset.
Office Location: 100 York Blvd., Suite 120, Richmond Hill, Ontario
SafeGuards hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity.
Send cover letter and resume to Leslie Atkinson, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.