Junior Outreach Specialist - BridgeWay Family Centre
BridgeWay Family Centre
Caring every day, building stronger families…
BridgeWay Family Centre (BridgeWay) is a non-profit charitable agency providing free prenatal and early learning programs and supports to families and caregivers with children 0 - 6 years of age. We provide a variety of programs at 40 locations in Mississauga and Brampton. BridgeWay is funded by various levels of government through their programs as well as by foundations, grants and donations.
Please visit our website at www.bridgewaycentre.ca for more information.
We are currently seeking a Junior Outreach Specialist to profile our programs with community partners and potential clients resulting in increased utilization of services.
As a member of the communications, marketing and fund development team, the Junior Outreach Specialist will assist with planning, promoting and coordinating outreach programs to increase awareness of programs and locations, and increase utilization. They will develop proactive positive relationships with community partners and potential clients alike connecting them to our programs. The Junior Outreach Specialist in conjunction with the Senior Outreach Specialist will assist in developing a network of contacts within new and existing community partners, create new referral sources, co-host special events and projects and implement a system of evaluation to determine the most effective outreach methods. The successful candidate will be an experienced, innovative, motivated and skilled individual who works well within a team setting.
- Assist with the implementation of BridgeWay’s outreach strategy to promote programs
- Research outreach initiatives ensuring they are varied and reflective of the communities served
- Schedule outreach activities, and coordinate event logistics through on going communication with BridgeWay staff
- Coordinate the distribution of outreach materials to staff in a timely manner
- Work as a part of a team on larger outreach events such as grand openings
- Co-host community events to develop connections and educate people about BridgeWay
- Provide outreach to families from different cultural and diverse backgrounds
- Prepare outreach program documentation as required and ensure that staff are completing event evaluations in a timely and thorough manner
- Work in cooperation with BridgeWay’s Communications Specialist to provide content for social media channels and website
- Maintain databases as required
- Work with vendors and staff to support printing projects
- Other duties as they may arise
- Bachelor's Degree or diploma in relevant field
- Solid time management and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal skills including relationship-building skills, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent soft skills, including self-awareness and empathy
- G Class Driver's Licence (Required) as well as access to own vehicle
- Emergency First Aid/CPR B or C
- Acceptable Vulnerable Sector Check
- Experience in a not for profit setting
- Experience in early childhood education/child development program
- Experience completing grant proposals and funder reports
- Additional languages
We offer excellent training, compensation, benefits, and a supportive dynamic work environment.
Please apply with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
BridgeWay Family Centre is committed to ensuring a barrier-free, accessible and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Upon individual request, we will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interview.