Journey Facilitator - posAbilities
Position Type: Full Time – 37.5 hours per week
Location: Vancouver Lower Mainland
Compensation: $23.10 hourly with excellent benefits and MPP after probation
To help individuals with disabilities and their support networks navigate and identify which of the Outreach services offered by posAbilities are a fit for them. To support individuals accessing these services by providing ongoing case management.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Diploma in Social work, Social Sciences, Human Services or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum two years of experience working in highly collaborative environment and with multi-stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals with diverse and unique communication styles.
- Class 5 driver’s license, acceptable driving record
- Reliable car as required and $3,000,000 insurance liability.
- Current Emergency 1st Aid and CPR
- Current TB test
- Criminal Record Check for Children and Vulnerable Adults - clearance
JOB SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Well- developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Commitment to Association’s Code of Ethics, Values and Mission
- Working knowledge of information technology
- Good organization and time management skills
- Knowledge of the needs of youth in in transition and adults with developmental disabilities
- Familiarity of Association and local community resources and services
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Member of the leadership/mentorship team for Explore within the Association
- Provides information on all services offered by the Association to persons served and other stakeholders
- Facilitates a service journey experience from a person centered approach, with an emphasis on self-determination and individuality
- Participates in intake meetings
- Conducts discovery and supports persons served in co-designing their service journey using appropriate planning tools
- Makes decisions, recommendations and coordinates service journey based on desired individual outcomes.
- Designs and implements the strategies, principles and frameworks for Explore within the Association
- Collaborates with persons served, their networks, and other Association services to address any issues that arise during their service journey with support from the Journey Coordinator
- Inputs data in a timely manner and ensures that it is accurate and current including person served information on ShareVision
- Monitors persons served journey experience by maintaining regular communication with person served, their networks and services.
- Participates in meetings with other stakeholders as required
- Identifies policy, procedural or structural changes within the service delivery system in order to support individuals
- Participates in the development and presentation of presentation to stakeholders
- Participates in the development, implementation and analysis of service evaluation and impact
- Completes all required documentation and reporting
- Educates staff within the Association and other stakeholders to understand the frameworks and principles of the Explore model of service in order to facilitate a cohesive network of support
- May represent the Association at a professional and community level (e.g. committees) and participates in the organization’s special events and marketing
- Seeks and mobilizes resources/partnerships/community assets to support the needs of individuals throughout their Explore journey
- Monitors the number of people they are case managing and the intensity of support, informing the Journey Coordinator when there is capacity for additional referrals.
- Participates in all aspects of the Health and Safety Program including safety and emergency procedures, in order to provide a safe environment. Reports al barriers and concerns to the Journey Coordinator
- Performs other duties as required.
The Journey Facilitators hours are flexible including some evenings / weekends, as determined by person served needs and schedules
The ability to function independently, with creativity, adaptability and initiative, is an ongoing expectation.
Who are we?
posAbilities assists persons with developmental disabilities to lead meaningful and healthy lives by partnering with the community to provide a comprehensive range of person-centered services for individuals and the families who care for them.
Interested parties please apply with your resume via our website at www.posAbilities.ca/careers or via email to careers@posAbilities.ca. Please note, while we would like to connect with everyone interested in this position, only applicants chosen for interviews will be contacted.