Job Developer - Youth Job Connection - The Career Foundation
Position Type: Full-time 1-year contract (very good possibility of renewal)
Reporting to: Program Coordinator
Number of Positions: 1
Years of Experience: 2+
Start date: Immediately.
The Youth Job Connection/ Youth Job Connection Summer program is designed to help young people between the ages of 15 and 29 who face multiple barriers to employment. It provides access to employment skills development, along with education/training and work experience. The Job Developer will work to secure job placement opportunities for program participants.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
Employer Engagement and Program Outreach
- Visit employers to initiate and maintain strong professional relationships.
- Arrange specific number of results-focused hiring fairs, job interviews, and employer meetings on a weekly basis.
- Ensure diverse employment opportunities are available so youth can secure realistic employment of their choosing.
- Collect and maintain accurate documentation of contacted employers, job leads and all other job development activity.
- Regularly participate in community and business networking events, meetings, job fairs and other activities to inform the community, employers, and job seekers about the program.
- Develop positive relationships with community partners and foster strong referral relationships.
- Ensure required number of participants are connected to employment opportunities at start of each session.
Placement of Participants
- Place a minimum of 6-8 participants per intake session into full-time employment.
- Ensure quality of placements by appropriately matching participants’ skills with job requirements and in keeping with funder criteria.
- Complete necessary registration forms, placement agreements, monitoring documents, participant case notes and surveys in a timely manner and in accordance with program guidelines.
- Prepares track and submit employer claims in a timely manner.
- Maintain ongoing communication with hiring employers and continuously visit employers to initiate and maintain strong relationships in support of employment retention and future placement opportunities.
- Develop a resource pool of mentors and link participants with appropriate mentors/ coaches to provide support during and after job placement.
Job Search Support
- Analyze, evaluate, and interpret collected information to assist participants in targeting suitable employment based on their skills, experience, education and existing labour market factors.
- Provide effective individual/group job search support to all participants (internet job search, interview preparation, employment research methods, employer contacts, job postings, cold calling etc.).
- Work with participants to develop and modify resumes for positions they are applying to.
- Conduct position-specific interview preparation with each participant as needed.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge and understanding of the position’s participants are applying to.
- Effectively clarify questions participants have and/or anticipate information they will need to successfully start employment.
- Maintain regular and consistent follow up with participants during workshop and retention phases of the program ensuring positive outcomes.
Other Duties as Needed
- Conduct workshops to instruct participants on effective job search strategies (cold calling, job posting analysis, salary negotiation etc.) as needed.
- Support program staff with clerical duties (document creation, hard copy file retrieval) as needed.
- Support agency events, job fairs, and The Career Foundation fundraising activities and events.
- Maintain flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Other responsibilities as required.
Qualifications/ Skills Required:
- Diploma or Degree in Marketing, Business Development, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in recruitment, job development/ business development or sales related.
- Understanding of, and ability to effectively apply, the principles of the sales process to generate job leads and secure positions for clients.
- Vocational counselling/ placement experience with multi-barriered individuals considered a strong asset.
- Knowledge of current labour market trends and the impact of COVID-19 on the labour market, job search techniques and employment research methods.
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset.
- Equipped to work remotely as required, with adequate internet capabilities.
- Knowledge on online communication platforms, techniques, and tools (Zoom, MS Teams) with an aptitude and willingness to learn and work with new technologies.
- Flexible and creative approach to work to ensure that all requirements of the program are met.
- Strong command of both written and spoken English (proficiency in a second language which reflects the service area would be an asset) with strong presentation and resume writing ability.
- A valid Ontario driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle for local travel is necessary.
How to Apply: Please visit our website at https://careerfoundation.com/join-our-team and select the position you would like to apply for from our list of vacancies. You can complete the application form directly through our website. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please. Thank you for your interest in The Career Foundation.