Job Developer - Youth Employment Services YES
Position: Job Developer
YES believes that employment is empowerment and the cornerstone of safe and healthy communities. YES leads the Canadian youth sector with innovative programs that empower disadvantaged and vulnerable youth to become self-sufficient contributing members of society.
Summary – The Position
Reporting to the Manager, the Job Developer provides job matching and placement services for clients with multiple barriers to employment. The Job Developer is responsible for building partnerships with employers in the GTA to create meaningful job opportunities. This person will also work one-on-one with clients and employers to ensure job retention.
Your energy and enthusiasm are boundless and you enjoy and thrive in a fast paced environment. You are detail oriented, creative and an excellent communicator. You want to work with employers and youth to create employment and apprenticeship opportunities. You are driven and welcome the opportunity to aspire to measurable targets. You thrive in a professional environment and possess post secondary education/degree and relevant work experience.
- University degree and experience in job development and/or sales/marketing and recruitment
- Ability to work in a performance-based system with a proven track record of meeting targets and deadlines
- Ability to work in a team and to establish rapport with employers, clients and co-workers
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Strong time-management skills and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of the Toronto labour market, industry trends and apprenticeships
- Knowledge and understanding of general YES services and the target group served
- Comfortable working with at-risk youth and persons of diverse backgrounds
- Multicultural sensitivity and the ability to work in a multicultural / multiracial organization
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, Internet, email, and database management
- Assist in developing promotional materials as well as market YES services to the business community
- Plan and organize job fairs, information sessions and employer presentations on a regular basis
- Develop and maintain a diverse job bank, keeping all information current and well organized
- Develop training plans in conjunction with employers for the duration of all training placements
- Negotiate training contracts and stipends, ensuring all forms are signed prior to placement start dates
- Market YES services to employers and create job trials, job shadowing, mentorship and job placement opportunities as well as regular job orders by: purchase of relevant employer lists, mail-outs, cold calls, telephone solicitation and any other method deemed appropriate.
- Facilitate regular group workshops on employment preparation, job maintenance, and life skills
- Ensure all case notes and documentation for each file are completed, accurate and kept up-to-date
- Complete monthly statistical reports for the purpose of tracking and monitoring program outcomes
- Monitor and maintain regular contact with employers to encourage successful participant job retention
- Conduct regular evaluations with all YES clients and employers to ensure excellent customer service
- Develop mentorship opportunities for youth
- Adheres to all YES policies and procedures and ensures confidentially is maintained on client, personnel, financial and agency matters;
- Represents YES at all times in a professional manner;
- Participates in regular supervision meetings;
- Works cooperatively with other team members;
- Carries out any other duties, as required
Starting Salary: $51,736, with increase after 6 months to $52,348, OPSEU Bargaining Unit Position.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week.
Position Type: Job Developer OPSEU Bargaining Unit Position.
If interested, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
by 4pm Friday, January 3rd, 2020. Please indicate which position you’re applying for in the subject of your email.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the YES Accessibility policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. YES is an equal opportunity employer.