Job Developer - YMCA of Greater Toronto
YMCA of Greater Toronto
(Salaried Full Time Contract)
Starting Range: $41,750/year
Effective Date: October 1st, 2021 to March 31st, 2022
Reports to: Employment Programs Director
Location: Please ensure you are stating the city you are applying to in the email body; and if interested in more than one location please send one resume & cover letter and list the locations in order of preference.
North York Employment
Why work for our charity?
The YMCA of Greater Toronto aspires to be a great work place committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, where different backgrounds, experiences, and identities are appreciated and celebrated. Guided by our shared values — kindness, well-being, integrity, inclusiveness, respect, and optimism — the YMCA provides thousands of employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. We recognize the contributions of our staff through innovative practices, great benefits, and growth opportunities.
Nature & Scope:
The Job Developer provides a range of assessment and counseling services in order to determine adult participants’ eligibility and employment needs, as well as extensive sales and marketing strategies to attract employers to utilize the program. The Job Developer will prepare adult participants for employment through the facilitation of workshops and consultation with employers to secure employment and placement opportunities. The Job Developer will work, and be part of service delivery, within a fast-paced employment centre offering multiple program opportunities for adults with barriers.
- Conducts adults participants’ case-management including needs and risk assessment, contracting, implementation and follow-up as it pertains to employment/vocational goals and other member needs. Identification and assessment of members’ need for job coaching.
- Assist adults in the development of appropriate work habits, behaviors and attitudes for the workplace. Responsible for communicating members’ level of risk to staff.
- Actively recruits employers and seeks out job placement opportunities, including identifying and contacting new prospective employers in industries/labor market that members have identified as area of interest.
- Develops and monitors training plan and agreements with participants and employer. Acts as a liaison between adult participants and employer.
- Conducts ongoing research of and outreach to employers, community resources and programs.
- Facilitates, develops, and evaluates group/individual training with regards to pre-employment and job maintenance issues.
- Provides documentation and handles confidential data in accordance with the YMCA and funder’s standards.
- Participates in the compilation of internal and external reports and statistical data. Quality assurance with respect to assigned tasks to ensure compliance with program standards.
- Demonstrates appropriate behaviors in line with our Mission, Vision and Values as reflected in our YMCA competencies; takes a member focused approach to increase their understanding of programs offered across the Association.
- Represents the YMCA and the Association in a professional manner
- Understands the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to Child Protection Services.
- Understands the importance of the volunteer staff partnership and integrates the value of philanthropy and volunteerism in dealings with staff, volunteers and members.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- University degree or community college diploma in Career and Work Counselling Planning, Business, Human Resources Management, Social Services, and/or related fields
- Minimum of two years related experience including job coaching, sales/marketing, recruitment and file management.
- Experience working with adults with barriers
- Must be results-oriented, able to motivate and inspire self and others
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with adult participants, staff and volunteers; excellent written communication skills
- Flexibility regarding assigned work hours and location
- Access to a motor vehicle is required for this position, as extensive travel within the region is required
- Able to provide excellent service delivery
- Commitment to working in a socially inclusive environment responding with sensitivity and personal awareness to the diverse needs of members including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- Able to visualize, understand and articulate YMCA outcomes
- The position requires the following Core Association Competencies: advanced competence in: Effective Interpersonal Communications; being Member Focused; Relationship Building and Partnering; being Results Focused; Teamwork and Collaboration; Valuing Diversity and Social Inclusion fundamental competence in: Ethics and Self-Management
Please send cover letter and résumé quoting
Job posting #0777 by Monday October 4, 2021 to:
Manager, Employment & Community Programs
Peel Employment and Community Services
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check. Within the first four months and every two years thereafter, a Vulnerable Police Records Check is required.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
About the YMCA of Greater Toronto
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a charity that ignites the potential in people, helping them grow, lead, and give back to their communities. As outlined in our 2020–2025 strategic plan, Ignite the Light, we are focused on boosting well-being and promoting equity across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). In the future we see for our region, everyone will have opportunities to shine their brightest.
Mirroring the diversity we’re privileged to have in the GTA, our YMCA offers a variety of programs responding to the needs of our communities. For more than 165 years, the YMCA of Greater Toronto has provided opportunities for people to shine through a variety of programs and services including health and fitness, licensed child care, camps, employment and immigrant services, education and training, and services for youth, families, and seniors. When you donate to the YMCA of Greater Toronto, you help ensure more people get access to these vital programs that help them connect, grow, and reach their full potential.
Visit www.ymcagta.org to learn more about our work to build vibrant communities where everyone can shine.