Job Developer - YMCA of Greater Toronto
YMCA of Greater Toronto
(Salaried Full Time Contract)
Effective Date: Immediately
Reports to: Employment Programs Manager
Location: Whitby Employment and Community
Why work for our charity?
The YMCA of Greater Toronto aspires to be a great work place committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, where different backgrounds, experiences, and identities are appreciated and celebrated. Guided by our shared values — kindness, well-being, integrity, inclusiveness, respect, and optimism — the YMCA provides thousands of employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. We recognize the contributions of our staff through innovative practices, great benefits, and growth opportunities.
Nature & Scope:
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a charity offering opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership. The YMCA Durham Employment and Community Programs is a part of the YMCA Employment and Community core program, which provides employment, outreach, youth intervention, newcomer support and training programs throughout the GTA. The YMCA serves members who are unemployed youth, youth in transition from school to work, and youth having multiple barriers to employment. The core mandate of our program service is to provide employment-related job search skills, life skills, career assessment, and job opportunities with local employers.
The job developer is responsible for recruiting employers to utilize the employment program using extensive sales and marketing strategies, building and maintaining relationships with them and working together to develop employment opportunities suited to fit the needs of both the member and the employer. The job developer will monitor the employer-member relationship ensuring the placement goes smoothly and work with the YMCA employment team to help ensure the member is set up for success.
- Actively recruits employers and seeks out job placement opportunities, including identifying and contacting new prospective employers in industries/labor market that members have identified as area of interest
- Develops and monitors training plan and agreements with member and employer.
- Acts as a liaison between member and employer
- Assists members in the development of appropriate work habits, behaviours and attitudes for the workplace
- Facilitates employer related workshops to groups of members
- Works to understands member’s skills, abilities and areas of interest to help facilitate placements, eg. by reviewing member resumes
- Conducts ongoing research of and outreach to employers, community resources and programs.
- Provides documentation and handles confidential data in accordance with the YMCA and funder’s standards. Participates in the compilation of internal and external reports and statistical data. Quality assurance with respect to assigned tasks to ensure compliance with program standards.
- Demonstrates appropriate behaviours in line with our Mission, Vision and Values as reflected in our YMCA competencies; takes a member focused approach to increase their understanding of programs offered across the Association. Represents the YMCA and the Association in a professional manner.
- Understands the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to Child Protection Services.
- Understands the importance of the volunteer staff partnership and integrates the value of philanthropy and volunteerism in dealings with members, volunteers, donors and staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- University Degree preferred or Community College Diploma Business, Marketing or related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years related experience including sales/marketing, recruitment and job coaching
- Access to a motor vehicle is required for this position, as extensive travel within the region is required in person and virtually
- Able to provide excellent service delivery in person and virtually
- Must be results-oriented, able to motivate and inspire self and others
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and volunteers
- Excellent written communication skills
- Commitment to working in a socially inclusive environment responding with sensitivity and personal awareness to the diverse needs of members including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- Flexibility regarding assigned work hours and location
- The position requires the following Core Association Competencies: advanced competence in: Effective Interpersonal Communications; being Member Focused; Relationship Building and Partnering; being Results Focused; Teamwork and Collaboration; Valuing Diversity and Social Inclusion fundamental competence in: Ethics and Self-Management
Please send cover letter and résumé quoting
Job posting #241 by Tuesday, April 13, 2021 to:
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check. Within the first four months and every three years thereafter, a Vulnerable Police Records Check is required.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation at any stage during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
About the YMCA of Greater Toronto
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a charity that ignites the potential in people, helping them grow, lead, and give back to their communities. As outlined in our 2020–2025 strategic plan, Ignite the Light, we are focused on boosting well-being and promoting equity across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). In the future we see for our region, everyone will have opportunities to shine their brightest.
Mirroring the diversity we’re privileged to have in the GTA, our YMCA offers a variety of programs responding to the needs of our communities. For more than 165 years, the YMCA of Greater Toronto has provided opportunities for people to shine through a variety of programs and services including health and fitness, licensed child care, camps, employment and immigrant services, education and training, and services for youth, families, and seniors. When you donate to the YMCA of Greater Toronto, you help ensure more people get access to these vital programs that help them connect, grow, and reach their full potential.
Visit www.ymcagta.org to learn more about our work to build vibrant communities where everyone can shine.