INTERN - Fundraising & Sponsorship - Lawn Summer Nights
Lawn Summer Nights is seeking an enthusiastic, organized, creative and committed individual to join the team to support the promotion of the organization through the development of our national fundraising and sponsorship profile and securing sponsorship contracts and raising money in support of Lawn Summer Nights and Cystic Fibrosis Canada.
A successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Experience in developing and executing national sponsorship programs
- Fundraising experience
- Creative Sales and Marketing initiatives targeting specific demographics
- Competency in digital communication, social media and outreach
- Excellent professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- CRM Database management experience
- Familiarity with MailChimp
- Volunteer experience
- Presentation and Public Speaking experience
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and prioritize tasks under pressure
- Personally, accountable and able to work independently and with limited direct supervision
The National Sponsorship/Fundraising role will work directly with the National Staff in delivering the Lawn Summer Nights sponsorships and fundraising initiatives.
The duties may include:
- Identify national sponsorship opportunities
- Create and present compelling proposals for potential sponsors
- Initiate fundraising campaign for past supporters for LSN
- Act as a point of contact and medium of communication
- Liaise with national LSN Management
- Develop and sustain positive relationships with sponsors, donors, event participants and community members
- Represent Lawn Summer Nights in a professional capacity
- Act as Brand Ambassador for LSN, speak informatively about cystic fibrosis and educate event participants
- Manage CRM including data input
Wage: $14 per hour
Commitment: F/T or P/T time (totaling no more than 280 hours) between October and February 2021.
The fine print…This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs government programs, which requires the successful candidate be between the ages of 15 and 30 at the start of employment. Successful candidate must meet eligibility requirements per the terms of the grant.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Lawn Summer Nights (LSN)
Lawn Summer Nights was founded in 2009. Our inspiration is Eva Markvoort. Eva spent a lifetime living with cystic fibrosis and made it her life’s work to build awareness and help to find a cure for the disease. Sadly, Eva lost her own fight with cystic fibrosis on March 27, 2010. She was 25 years old. We are proud to be a part of Eva’s legacy and our event continues to accomplish what Eva championed the most – enjoying life and finding a cure for cystic fibrosis.
Since its inaugural launch in Vancouver, the event has raised over $4 million, expanded to 18 events across Canada, and introduced virtual events with a focus on generating money and awareness of the disease among thousands of people who had little previous exposure to it. LSN introduces thousands of young people to philanthropy and community engagement and started a new trend that has taken everyone by surprise (us included!).
Each local LSN event is organized by a volunteer committee, supported by the National Event Manager and Executive Director. The Regional Event Assistant will support the local City Leads and committees, manage regional tasks and report to the National Event Manager.