INTERIM EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OAKVILLE MEALS ON WHEELS - Oakville Meals on Wheels
INTERIM EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
OAKVILLE MEALS ON WHEELS
External funding has been provided and this position and the successful candidate will be expected to fulfill all the requirements as outlined in the funding agreement.
Oakville Meals on Wheels is a charitable non-profit community agency that has been providing meals to Oakville residents since 1976. We are seeking an Interim Executive Director with management experience and strategic operational leadership skills to direct our team of staff and volunteers and achieve positive outcomes for the organization.
This is a full-time one-year fixed-term contract position starting March 1, 2021, which can be renewed upon 30 days written notice by the agency.
INTERIM EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Reporting to the Board of Directors, this position is responsible for all activities and outcomes of the program, as well as hiring, training and deployment of personnel. The position liaises closely with the Board of Directors in determining and enacting policy, and providing administrative and financial control. The Executive Director will guide board members through a strategic planning process that will enable the organization to prepare for change and build resiliency. The Executive Director will be ultimately responsible for the implementation of the strategic plan as well as the identification of new and alternative sources of revenue required to operate the program.
- Ensure that there are sufficient numbers of well-trained volunteers, providing quality service.
- Provide direction to and evaluate the performance of employees.
- Maintain positive relationships with staff, volunteers, persons served and their caregivers, Board members, partnering or collaborating organizations, food suppliers, funding organizations, and the community.
- Develop a financial strategy to ensure the financial security of the program.
- Direct the operation and service delivery of the Meals on Wheels program, fulfilling the mission statement.
- Ensure the successful financial operation of the program, including preparing, monitoring and adhering to budget, coordinating the annual audit, completing funding applications and submitting required financial reports.
- Ensure performance improvement as outlined in the Strategic Directions.
- Promote the Meals on Wheels service within the community.
- Ensure that clients receive quality service.
- Create and implement policies and procedures for the purpose of quality, safety, and risk management.
- Direct the operation of the office including the use of subcontractors, and the development of information management systems.
- Prepare reports to the Board of Directors and the Annual Report.
- Conduct an organizational review and implement the changes necessary for improved efficiencies
- Biannually provide a report to the board outlining the results of an evaluation of the activities of the previous six months and an action plan for remediation as required.
- Attend regular Board meetings, regional training and meetings, and conferences.
- Prepare annual budget in consultation with Board President, Treasurer and Board Members.
- Coordinate Board meetings and prepare all necessary reports for distribution to Board Members.
- Liaise with the treasurer to ensure adequacy of financial control systems and adherence to budget.
- Assist the board to restructure and transition from an operational board to a governance model.
- University degree in health services, business or related discipline
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a managerial position
- Experience with grant submissions
- Demonstrated success at fundraising
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Familiarity with the community non-profit sector an asset
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- Emergency First Aid Training Certificate
- Valid Driver’s License and the availability of a personal vehicle
Please submit detailed resume and cover letter to Board@oakvillemealsonwheels.com by January 20, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and references will be requested.