Interim Communications Coordinator - Thompson Rivers University
The Thompson Rivers University Students Union is seeking an Interim Communications Coordinator to cover a one year leave starting April 01, 2021 and ending April 31, 2022.
The Interim Communications Coordinator, under the direction of the Thompson Rivers University Students’ Union Executive Director, assists the Board of Directors with the coordination and administration of the Union’s communication.
The Interim Communications Coordinator will:
- Coordinate the Union’s website, newsletter, and social media platforms
- Coordinate the production of the Union’s digital and print materials
- Resource and support the Unions structures in the development of communications strategies and materials
The Interim Communications Coordinator shall have:
- Experience or familiarity with organizational communication planning and reporting
- Experience or familiarity with graphic design in an Adobe Creative Suite environment.
- Experience or familiarity with website design and maintenance in a Wordpress environment.
- Experience or familiarity with managing various social media platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A minimum of two (2) years-experience organizing in a membership based or community service organization setting
- A minimum of two (2) years-experience in strategic plan development and implementation
- A minimum of two (2) years-experience in office administration and file management
- The ability to function in a highly computerized office environment, including fluency in Microsoft Office and comfort working in and learning new office, team, and productivity technologies;
The Interim Communications Coordinator position comes with an starting wage of $24.23/hr and associated benefits.