Intensive Child and Family Therapist - York Hills Centre for Children Youth and Families
INTENSIVE CHILD AND FAMILY THERAPIST
1 Year Contract
Intensive Services provides a range of immediate clinical and case management supports to stabilize and strengthen families and individual children and youth who have experienced recent crises in their lives.
Here’s what you will get to do:
- Through the lens of trauma and attachment theory, as well as family systems, you will support families in developing goals that respect their strengths, skills and resources.
- Plan and implement a variety of treatment and crisis interventions.
- Manage crisis situations within families and with individual children and youth.
- Use a variety of engagement strategies with clients and use various treatment modalities and counselling practices, including group therapy, CBT, DBT and other strategies for building parenting capacity from a systemic lens.
- Conduct and document family and larger system assessments.
- Work independently and be part of a dynamic clinical team.
- Engage collaboratively with families and demonstrate an understanding of cultural diversities and cross cultural practice.
Here’s what you will need:
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work or a related field.
- Membership in the appropriate professional regulatory body.
- A minimum of two years of clinical experience working with families, children and youth.
- Experience with systems such as hospitals, child protection and schools.
- Well-developed written documentation ability.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, time management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work flexible hours which include some evenings.
- Appreciation of the need to work in the client home/community setting as needed.
Please apply by September 20, 2019
York Hills is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive barrier-free recruitment and selection process and we respect, encourage, and celebrate the diversity of staff. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.