Instructor Therapist - New Haven Learning Centre
New Haven Learning Centre, a charitable, non-profit organization committed to being a Centre of Excellence in the treatment and education of children and young adults with autism, is currently looking for Instructor Therapists to join our team! The Centre's efforts are directed toward improving the education and quality of lives of our students and contributing to the development of Canadian expertise in Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) intervention.
- The Instructor Therapist will provide support to individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- The Instructors are an integral part of the New Haven team, working one-to-one and in small groups with each of the students in their classroom.
- They are also responsible for the daily implementation and evaluation of individualized skill acquisition and behaviour intervention programs for the learners.
- In addition to Centre based programming, the Instructor Therapist may be responsible for providing support in-home, workplace and/or community settings.
- Experience working with individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Organization skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team player;
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Behaviour Science and Technology, or equivalent;
- Experience implementing the principles of ABA with students with autism;
- Access to a vehicle is considered an asset;
- Pre-employment RBT certification is considered an asset.
Interested applicants should apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org noting in the subject line the application:
IT position September 202O application.
New Haven is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in their workforce.