Individual and Family Therapist, Whatever It Takes (WIT) - Strides Toronto
Strides Toronto is a new multi-service agency providing services to young people from birth to age 29 and their families in East Toronto. Formed in January 2020 through the amalgamation of Aisling Discoveries and East Metro Youth Services, Strides Toronto provides a range of community, residential and treatment services to improve the mental, social and physical health of infants, children, youth and their families. We provide individual, group and family interventions that include mental health counselling, autism services, education, outreach and referral, early intervention, day treatment and community support.
As Lead Agency for infant, child and youth mental health in Toronto, Strides Toronto works with 31 core service providers to design and implement system-level improvements that transform access to services, experience of services and the mental health outcomes for Toronto’s diverse communities.
Strides Toronto has a budget of $30 million and more than 350 employees providing services out of 19 locations across East Toronto. The organization Is accredited by the Centre for Accreditation and the predecessor organizations have a long history of providing high-quality services in East Toronto.
Strides Toronto is inviting applications for the Individual and Family Therapist, Whatever It Takes (WIT) position. The Individual and Family Therapist will provide a range of services to individuals and families with very complex needs and assist service providers with complex service situations.
- To offer consultation and assistance to service providers in developing flexible service delivery plans for children and youth aged 0-18 with complex needs and to carry out intensive case management and service coordination functions i.e., brokerage, advocacy, resourcing, case conferencing, as required in the delivery of WIT service
- To maintain professional standards of clinical practice in accordance with EMYS policies and procedures, Canadian Centre for Accreditation (CCA) standards, and relevant legislation.
- To implement strength based and evidence based practices in consultation with the relevant multi-disciplinary team
- To organize and utilize the clinical reports received from other service providers in formulating the needs of the clients being referred, and to maintain up to date clinical records on the participant or client record data bases, as appropriate
- To maintain, through appropriate communication and coordination, a collaborative working relationship with the multi-disciplinary team and other involved professionals both within and outside of EMYS and to identify service gaps in the service delivery system
- To identify professional development/training needs and to participate in staff development/training programs as required
- To supervise placement students as required
- To provide other clinical services and carry out other duties as assigned.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- M.S.W. or related Master’s Degree
- At least 5 years of suitable and related clinical experience with adolescents and families in a mental health setting plus theoretical knowledge and understanding of addictions treatment
- Eligible for certification/membership in relevant professional association.
- CAFAS reliable within three months
- Preferred candidates will be bilingual in both official languages.
- This position is part of the UFCW 175 bargaining unit
- Position details: Permanent, Full-Time
- Salary range: $58,460 to $73,377 per annum
- Hours of work: 9:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday
In accordance with the agency’s employment equity plan, we are particularly interested in encouraging qualified applicants from all communities that reflect the diversity of the youth and families we serve. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. We ask applicants to make any accommodation requests when contacted for an interview. The agency assesses all candidates in a fair and equitable manner.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit a resume by Friday July 31, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
PLEASE QUOTE JOB NUMBER 20-06 IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR COVER LETTER AND SUBMIT BOTH COVER LETTER AND RESUME IN A SINGLE DOCUMENT.
(Only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted, no phone calls please)
Strides Toronto, 1200 Markham Road, Suite 200
Scarborough, Ontario, M1H 3C3