Indigenous Mental Health & Addictions Counsellor - De dwa da dehs nye>s Aboriginal Health Centre
Adult Mental Health Counselor –
Reports to the Mental Health & Addictions Team Lead
The Concurrent Disorders Mental Wellness Case Manager (CDMW) promotes the mental health and well being of Adult clients of DAHAC. The CDMW worker conducts individual counselling services for clients. This role is responsible for, developing, implementing and coordinating support services. This role provides mental health counselling, assessment, treatment and education to adults as well as multi-modality treatment using clinical, alternative complimentary and integrative energy health practices.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Knowledge and ability to integrate wholistic, strength and evidence based practice into the planning and evaluation of client and program intervention from a trauma informed lens
- Knowledge of Indigenous cultures, customs and traditions.
- Knowledge of history of colonization and intergenerational traumas impacting the health and wellness of Indigenous Peoples.
- Knowledge of mental health and addictions counselling models, techniques, modalities and approaches.
- Knowledge of tools, systems and databases used in client services delivery and case management.
- Knowledge and understanding of pathways of care for various mental health and addictions issues.
- Possess self-awareness and engages in self-care techniques.
- Possess excellent time management, organization, and communication skills
STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post secondary degree in social work, psychology, &/or concurrent disorders or related field – Master’s Degree Preferred
In addition to requirements for the position, the ideal candidate would also possess some of the following qualifications:
- 1+ years experience working with individuals with complex needs
- Experience working with and extensive knowledge of Indigenous Peoples language, culture, customs and traditions.
100% Organization Paid Benefits
- Health Benefits
- Employee Critical Illness Insurance
- Employee Life AD&D Insurance
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Business Travel Life and Disability Insurance
- Long Term (LTD) Benefit
- Dependant Life Insurance
- Hospitals of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOP) with Immediate Eligibility
Improving the health and well-being of Indigenous individuals, families and communities through wholistic Indigenous, Traditional and Western health care.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Attention: Human Resources
Aboriginal Health Centre
678 Main Street East
Hamilton ON L8M 1K2
Nya:weh / Miigwetch to all applicants
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted
Deadline to Apply:
Open until Filled
Please note that ONLY complete applications with cover letter will be considered.
Preference is given to candidates of Indigenous Descent.