Independent Contractor - Job Search Facilitator - The Career Foundation
Organization Profile: The Career Foundation offers a wide range of career and job-related programs. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. The Career Foundation receives funding from Employment Ontario, Service Canada, and private sector companies. For more information please visit our website at www.CareerFoundation.com.
The Career Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation. The Career Foundation, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
At The Career Foundation we value inclusiveness and embrace diversity in the workplace. We are a professional, result-driven organization that has been described by our employees as caring, compassionate, innovative and team-oriented.
Position Type: Casual on-call (estimated 40 hours per month)
Reporting to: Program Manager
Number of Positions: 2
Experience: 2+ years
Start date: Immediately
Note: Renumeration is based on a fee for service basis rendered at an hourly rate, plus service tax if applicable.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Deliver interactive workshops on Resume and Cover Letter Writing, Job Search Strategies, Interview Preparation, Interview Troubleshooting, LinkedIn, Successful Networking, Career Exploration and Labour Market Information
- Conduct mock interviews with job seekers
- Support the development/revisions of workshop materials ensuring content is always current/relevant
- Provide group coaching on social media resources, such as LinkedIn, for a successful job search
- Respond to group questions regarding workshop content in a positive and encouraging manner
- Collect workshop evaluation forms from group, reporting outcomes to office administrator
- Maintain ongoing information sharing with case managers regarding client status and progress in workshops
- Other duties as required
Qualifications/ Skills Required:
- University Degree preferred, relevant college Diploma considered
- Exceptional resume and cover letter writing skills - proven ability to assist clients to develop job search tools that lead to interviews
- Extensive job search coaching experience
- Excellent workshop facilitation skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Proficient in LinkedIn and other social media resources
- Strong internal and external customer service focus
- Ability to work with a diverse client group
- Computer Proficiency with MS Office and Internet
- Has full business insurance coverage
- Has access to required laptop to carry out workshops
How to Apply: Candidates, please submit cover letter and résumé to email@example.com, addressed to The Hiring Committee. Quote the job title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please. Thank you for your interest in The Career Foundation.