Implementation and Evaluation Specialist - Frayme
Reporting to the Senior Knowledge Mobilization Lead, the Implementation and Evaluation Specialist will be responsible for helping to execute Frayme’s overall and comprehensive policy, research, evaluation, knowledge mobilization, and implementation strategy to support the needs of Frayme’s network of partners, and those working within the youth mental health and substance use system. The Implementation and Evaluation Specialist is responsible for providing coordination, planning, and evaluation support to those in Frayme’s network with a focus on YMHSU. The Implementation and Evaluation Specialist is a highly autonomous self-starter that will be able to engage with a diverse set of stakeholders to co-develop and execute of a broad range of implementation and quality improvement strategies and practices. The Implementation and Evaluation Specialist will also monitor and evaluate the research, policy, knowledge mobilization, and implementation activities of the network. In addition, this role will develop and maintain critical relationships with stakeholders, including practitioners, operational leads, researchers, policymakers, youth, family members and caregivers, funders, and others working in the youth mental health and substance use system. The incumbent will also work alongside a Knowledge Mobilization Specialist, and within an integrated team model comprised of partnership, engagement and communications portfolios.
- Participates in the development and execution of an overarching evaluation, training and continuous quality improvement strategy for Frayme.
- Leads monitoring and evaluation work across Frayme’s Knowledge Mobilization activities, including developing implementation and outcome measures
- Promotes evidence-informed decision making by leading collaborative efforts and facilitating organizational change through implementation, coaching, and evaluation efforts across the Frayme network.
- Engages diverse audiences and builds partnerships and collaborations with and between diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Coordinates the monitoring and evaluation of Frayme network, knowledge mobilization and impact activities.
- Develops and maintains a monitoring and evaluation system, including processes for data management, collection, planning, analysis, and synthesis.
- Develops and implements evaluation frameworks and tools, including data collection tools designed using rigorous methodologies.
- Conducts and implements internal and external evaluation and quality improvement projects, including the development of logic models, evaluation frameworks and plans, data visualization tools, and the writing of evaluation reports and presentations.
- Develops dashboards to extract data and develop reports to support evidence-informed decision-making.
- Coordinates, enters, and analyses data.
- Develops promotional, educational, and instructional materials to build evaluation capacity and provide technical support across Frayme’s network.
- Ensures that all evaluation efforts are executed with high degree of integrity and accuracy.
- Engages with stakeholder and ensures buy-in
- Remains informed on changing research, practice, and policy landscapes in collaboration with the Knowledge Mobilization Specialist.
- Initiates, develops, implements, and evaluates implementation strategies and activities to coordinate and support the implementation of evidence-informed interventions and practices across the Frayme Network to enhance the quality of care for youth.
- Adapts large volumes of diverse evidence into implementation tools and products that can be contextualized to local factors, including sustainability factors.
- In collaboration with the engagement and communication team, develops promotional, educational, and instructional materials to build sustainable capacity for the implementation and scale-up of promising practices in youth mental health and substance use (YMHSU) - including facilitator and learner guides and presentation materials.
- Integrates adult learning principles into curriculum design and training facilitation.
- Ensures that all knowledge mobilizations tools and products are developed and disseminated with a high degree of quality and integrity, and with a strong emphasis on applicability and actionability of tools.
- Coaches and assists multiple levels of organizational staff with system change initiatives.
- Conducts and evaluates capacity building workshops and events, including virtual and in-person webinars.
- Collaborates closely with backbone organizations and YMHSU sites to co-create and share knowledge mobilization and implementation tools to support continuous quality improvement, and scaling-up of promising practices.
- Masters Level education in a relevant discipline (e.g., health system evaluation, infomatics, knowledge mobilization, implementation science
- 2+ years’ experience working as an evaluator working with diverse stakeholders at a system level focused on change management, and/or knowledge mobilization (experience and formal training combined with demonstrated ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements).
- Demonstrates strong understanding of implementation science and quality improvement concepts, models, methods, and best practices.
- Experience in competency-based curriculum development and design.
- Strong skills in moderating and facilitating meetings with partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to integrate adult learning principles into curriculum design and training facilitation.
- Expertise in adapting implementation approaches to local contextual factors.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative methodologies for data collection and analysis.
- Experience in the development of data collection systems or databases and use of data analysis software.
- Experience developing, managing, and integrating databases.
- Knowledge and experience in the health sector, preferably the mental health and substance use sector.
- Experience working on collaborative projects with a diverse set of stakeholders, including interdisciplinary community and practitioner settings.
- Experience engaging and working collaboratively with people with lived experience.
- Superior interpersonal, communication, and motivational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Experience with project management methodologies and practices.
- Passion for system transformation and improving youth mental health and substance use care.
Please note that this is a 2 year contract with the possibility of extension.