Human Resources Recruitment and Retention - The Downtown Eastside Women's Centre
The Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre is a drop-in Centre and Emergency Night Shelter offering a wide variety of services to a diverse community of women and children living in the Downtown Eastside of Vancouver.
The Human Resources Recruitment and Retention Coordinator is responsible for managing all aspects of DEWC employee recruitment and retention, including overseeing and implementing hiring strategies, orientation and training programs; and ensuring effective retention models and management. Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, the Human Resources Recruitment and Retention Coordinator will work from a feminist perspective and within an anti-oppression framework.
- Must have at least 3 years related human resources experience preferable within a non-profit, unionized environment
- You have knowledge of employment standards, and employment related system, and acts & regulations.
- You have demonstrated computer and IT aptitude including word, excel, and Quickbooks
- You must work from strong feminist analysis and within an anti-oppression framework
- Must have a strong working knowledge & analysis of the issues impacting women in the dtes, including violence against women, mental health, homelessness, and addictions
- You are an excellent communicator including report writing
- You have efficient organizational skills including record keeping, scheduling, and problem-solving abilities
- You have excellent communication skills, including the ability to work in a respectful and cooperative manner with co-workers, and centre members
- You have conflict resolution skills and practice as well as crises intervention training and experience
- You have the ability to work within a chaotic environment and with a diverse community of women
- You have certification for First Aid.
Benefits of Joining the DEWC Team
Healthcare: Extended health includes dental, vision, prescription medications, select alternative therapies, EAP, life insurance, and long-term disability.
Vacation & Leave: Vacation at 6% in the first year and 8% after. Sick leave credit. Access to other special leaves to handle family or personal situations.
For your Retirement: Enrolled in the Municipal Pension Plan with a matching contribution from DEWC when eligible.
Other perks: Compressed work schedule; employee loan program; and regular staff development days.
- Application Closing Date: Friday, February 26, 2021 at 5:00pm
- Perm. full-time, salaried position $54,000-$58,000 annually + generous benefits
Submit cover letter and resume to: HR Recruitment & Retention Coordinator ID# HRR21-001
via email email@example.com
For full job description visit: www.dewc.ca/career
Indigenous women and women of colour are strongly encouraged to apply /
Additional languages spoken an asset.
**While we thank all applicants for their interests, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted**