HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST (Maternity Leave Coverage) - Easter Seals Ontario
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
Full-Time 18 Month Temporary Maternity Leave Coverage
(Anticipated Start Date: September 2020)
About Easter Seals Ontario
Easter Seals is a registered charitable organization that helps children and youth with physical disabilities from all ethnic and religious backgrounds. Since 1922, with the help of our generous donors, Easter Seals has been offering programs and services that enable kids to experience greater independence and focus on what they can do rather than on their limitations. We assist families with the purchase of essential mobility and accessibility equipment such as wheelchairs, walkers, porch lifts and ramps, as well as toileting aids and bathing equipment. We are also an industry leader in providing fully accessible summer camp programs at our two camps, Camp Woodeden in London and Camp Merrywood in Perth. In addition, Easter Seals offers access to special education and other information resources for parents and public education and awareness on disability issues.
What's it like to work at Easter Seals Ontario?
It's challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. This position offers tremendous diversity and opportunity to work with team members across the organization. Together, we are helping kids BE KIDS! EasterSeals.org.
The HR Generalist will work independently and as part of a team to deliver quality HR and Employee Relations support to the leadership team and team members across the organization.
- Build relationships and partner with team members to understand the core values and organizational strategy and deliver appropriate, timely and high-quality HR solutions.
- Leverage knowledge of HR and business practices to influence the best outcomes for the organization.
- Provide support and advice to the leadership team and front line team members in line with employment legislation and work with them on employee/labour relations issues as required.
- Support HR decision making with proactive advice and solutions crafted to meet current and future organizational needs.
- Provide day-to-day HR support to the leadership team and front line team members such as HR Administration, Payroll Preparation and Processing, Health and Safety, Recruitment and Selection, and Coaching/Mentoring.
- Provide guidance and support to the leadership team and front line team members regarding all areas of HR employee relations; develop and implement appropriate resolution strategies.
- Support the design and implementation of human resources programs, policies and procedures including performance management, compensation, and human resources planning.
- Support and facilitate the implementation of a new HRIS platform in conjunction with the payroll service provider.
- Coach and guide managers through performance concerns, including creation of coaching/disciplinary letters and performance improvement plans.
- Work in partnership with the JHSC and the leadership team to assist in driving a health and safety culture.
- Assist the leadership team with communications, team meetings, recognition processes and team building; plan, coordinate and champion team member events.
- Provide HR policy interpretation and application of legislation, Easter Seals Ontario policies and HR programs, ensuring compliance and consistent application.
- Be familiar with the language and application of our various legislations and regulations.
- Administer and educate employees of Easter Seals Ontario benefit plans and maintain a sustainable relationship with benefit providers.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
Required Professional Designation / Certificates:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field required
- Certified Human Resources Professional designation is an asset.
- Three to five (3 – 5) years’ experience as a Human Resources Business, Partner/ Generalist.
- Experience working in a not-for-profit environment an asset.
- Proven experience in human resources resolving complex employee relations issues. Ability to prepare for and participate in difficult conversations.
- Working and practical knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including payroll processing, HRIS management, employee relations, performance management, compensation practices, and organizational development, diversity and inclusion and employment laws.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment to manage sensitive and confidential matters.
- Ability to build strong relationships, foster trust, and promote collaboration with key stakeholders within the organization.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to successfully prioritize, coordinate and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on delivering high quality work.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills to implement appropriate resolution strategies.
- Ability to work additional or varied hours as required to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
Annual Salary Range: $45,000 - $55,000
Location: One Concorde Gate, North York
For consideration, please submit your resume to Human Resources to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach your cover letter (including salary expectations) and resume as one document and reference “HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST CONTRACT” clearly in the subject heading.
Easter Seals Ontario sincerely thanks all applicants for their interest in advance however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including a vulnerable sector screen.
Note: The position will remain open until filled and rolling interviews will be conducted as soon as qualified applications are received. No phone calls please.
Easter Seals Ontario is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from equity seeking groups. Candidates with be provided with an overview of the various elements of the selection process, such as tests, skills demonstrations, etc. Easter Seals Ontario is committed to providing reasonable accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.