Human Resources Business Partner and EDI Officer - Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine
Position Title: Human Resources Business Partner and EDI Officer
Available: January 2021
Applicant Deadline: Friday, December 4, 2020
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and experienced Human Resources professional to support the Human Resources function at CCNM. In this challenging position, you will report to the Executive Director, Human Resources. A large focus of your work will be spent coordinating the implementation of the colleges Equity, Diversity and Inclusion programs. This will involve work ensuring AODA compliance, sitting on the Accessibility Council and working with staff on EDI support and training. In addition to this important work, you will manage the employee recruitment function for all areas of the college; ensure adherence to provincial and federal legislative requirements including training of staff to meet these requirements; provide day to day support to managers as well as creating and delivering management development programs; coordinate the performance review process; oversee the employee engagement survey process and analyze responses to create programs that support employee engagement. There may be opportunities to engage in labour relations activities and work related to the management of the collective agreement.
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources Management or related field
- CHRP or CHRL designation an asset
- Minimum three years experience in an HR Generalist or Business Partner position preferably in a unionized environment
- Thorough knowledge of employment and related legislation (ESA, OHRC, OHSA)
- Understanding and commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion principles
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively– both orally and in writing- with individuals at all levels within the organization
- Demonstrable computer skills including Microsoft Office and HRIS systems preferably in a NAV environment
- Excellent organization, time management, analytical and research skills
- Tact, discretion and ability to exercise professional judgment in a highly confidential environment
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM), established in 1978, is Canada’s premier institute for education and research in naturopathic medicine and the graduates of its intensive four-year post-graduate medical program are recognized for regulation/ licensure in all Canadian and American jurisdictions in which naturopathic medicine is regulated. CCNM is a registered charity dependent upon tuition, research grants and donations for the fulfillment of its mission. The College occupies an attractive 4.3 acres campus situated at the Sheppard and Leslie subway stop, across from North York General Hospital. CCNM provides an attractive work environment for those who value good health and who enjoy working in a positive creative atmosphere.
To Apply: Submit your resume with a covering letter to:
Human Resources Department
We thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise the Human Resources department if you require accommodation.