Human Resources Administrator - WISH Drop-In Centre Society
Human Resources Administrator
(Excluded, full-time, permanent position)
Deadline: Tuesday, October 15, 2019
For more than thirty-five years, WISH has provided a safe place of respite for women involved in street-based sex work. The women who access WISH services and programs are some of the most marginalized in Vancouver; experiencing extreme poverty, homelessness, social exclusion, violence, racism, discrimination and the relentless effects of current and past trauma.
Please note: WISH is a self-identified, women’s-only employer and service provider.
For more information about WISH, please visit http://wish-vancouver.net/
The newly created role of Human Resources Administrator reports to the Executive Director and works closely with our WISH management team. The successful candidate will play a vital role as primary contact on HR related matters for all WISH employees and managers. She is responsible for creating, implementing, and maintaining systems, processes, and policies related to newly certified unionized employees (CUPE) and non-unionized employees.
We want to bring on someone who is eager to learn, work hard, and enjoys their job. In other words, we want you to fit in here. For the right candidate, there is an opportunity for you to build on your already strong skill-set and help the team achieve its goals, all in a work environment that is fast-paced and dynamic.
What will you do?
Below are some of the primary responsibilities you will be taking on in this role. There will be more, but we can discuss those in person.
- Lead the delivery of superior HR services and provide proactive day-to-day HR services and support, in partnership with the management team,
- Establish effective employee relationships at all levels based on trust, experience and credibility by providing HR services and support as needed
- Respond to employee requests, enquiries and concerns in a timely and solution- oriented manner
- Lead the management team in researching, developing, implementing and maintaining policies, procedures, and processes related to the General Services Collective Agreement and Local Issues agreements
- Guide and support managers in understanding, implementing and following the General Services Collective Agreement and Local Issues agreements; and application of all HR policies and practices
- Review, prioritize and process HR administrative tasks including supporting Worksafe BC Claims, EIP, benefits, MPP, and others
- Attends Labour Management Committee meetings, Joint Occupational Safety and Health (JOSH) Committee meetings, and other leadership/planning meetings
- Supports the recruitment process for front-line staff
- Supports grievance, performance management and coaching processes
- Maintains and updates Human Resources policies, communications and training events
- Supports various other change management and operational improvement projects and performs other related duties, as required
What type of experience and skills do you have?
These are only some of the things we’d like you to bring to the table. We can cover the rest when we meet.
- Strong communication skills – Demonstrated in written and verbal reports, and meeting participation.
- Responsiveness: Anticipate needs and commit to respond in agreed time frames
- Innovator: Proven ability to identify, evaluate and develop new ideas and support with results
- Deliver on Commitments: Set clear objectives and deliverable goals.
- Computer Proficiency: Proficient MS Office, and payroll software (Ceridian)
- Community: Experience working in the Downtown Eastside (or comparable)
- Empathy: Understanding of the DTES community and having a welcoming, respectful, and non-judgmental approach when interacting with anyone who accesses, volunteers at, work at, or supports WISH is a must.
- Experiential Knowledge: of the sex industry is an asset
What we offer!
We care about our employees and we want everyone to have a rewarding career. Among other things, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package, including an attractive base salary and benefits. We’ll discuss those details in a personal interview.
Tell us more about yourself by providing a cover letter that states your salary expectations and a resume that highlights your accomplishments to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for HR Administrator “in the subject line. Application deadline: Tuesday, October 15, 2019
Indigenous women, women from diverse backgrounds, and current and former sex workers are particularly encouraged to apply for this position.
We thank everyone for their interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.