Human Resource Manager - MNP LLP
On behalf of our client, Delta Community Living Society (DCLS), we are searching for a Human Resource Manager to join their team located in Delta, BC. DCLS embodies the mission, vision and core values providing total quality support services and common practices to people with developmental disabilities; and are driven to advocate and empower all those with whom they work.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Human Resources Manager is a key role to the leadership team and oversees the Human Resources operation in the organization, including, recruitment and retention, performance management, labour relations, investigations, and health and safety. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-reputable organization where you will be responsible for implementation and adherence to the collective agreement, employment standards, Human Rights code, Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) and Society Policy and Procedures. This role is accounted to model respectful, ethical conduct and champion best practices in Human Resources and Health and Safety Management.
- Manage the performance of direct reports, casual employees and other stakeholders as directed
- Direct and chair DCLS Joint OH&S Committee
- Conduct recruitment of casual and permanent bargaining unit employees
- Coordinate and conduct the onboarding of new hires
- Consult and support managers or designate in the performance management of direct reports through feedback, coaching, mentoring and advice to addressperformance issues
- Conduct employee and service-related investigations
- Assist with workforce planning to identify future staffing needs and succession planning
- Develop and implement organizational strategies for effective labour relations, performance management systems, training and development practices and employee engagement
- Implement and monitors adherence to collective agreements, complaint management policies, employment standards and Human Rights code, OH&S Standards and Society Policy and Procedures
- Effectively act as a liaison with the union, Community Social Services Employers Association, Benefit Providers, and Worksafe BC
- Conduct internal and oversee external OH&S inspections, ensure that everything is in compliance with industry standards and governing requirements
- Produce annual and quarterly Human Resources report on all information related to Organizational Human Resources metrics
Skills & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources complemented with a minimum of five years of human resources experience
- Experience in a unionized environment and have a history with labour relations and effective implementation and interpretation of collective agreement
- Proven knowledge of Human Resources best practices and industry standards, and adherence to regulatory requirements such as CARF, SOP, WorkSafeBC BC & OH&S regulations
- Proven work experience in influencing and negotiating with staff, unions and other stakeholders
- Ability to analyze and interpret Human Resources statistical data to make appropriate recommendations
- Ability to lead a team and provide direction to the management team on Human Resources related issues
- Ability to identify staff performance issues & trends, and implement appropriate strategies for resolution
- Efficient communicator both written and verbally, especially in business and report writing
- Strong time-management and organization skill with an eye for details
This role will also appeal to an individual with strong organizational and technical skills and who aspire to be a respectable leader in managing employee relationships while implementing Human Resources best practices and industry standards. You will be a pivotal member who will oversee the Human Resources operation and look upon as a leader in the Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) of the organization.
If you feel you have the demonstrated background and are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please forward your resume and submit your application on Charity Village!
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.