HRIS Payroll Systems Specialist - Tungasuvvingat Inuit TI
HRIS/Payroll Systems Specialist
1 Year Term with possibility of extension
Who we are:
It is the mission of Tungasuvvingat Inuit (TI) to broadly provide Inuit-specific programs that contribute to the health and wellbeing of Inuit and to encourage and support similar programs for Inuit across the country. With over 30 years of highly successful experience in crafting the design, development, and delivery of a wide range of effective, client-centered services, TI continues to deliver quality programs and services that directly benefit our growing urban Inuit population.
The HRIS/Payroll Systems Specialist supports this mission by providing first-line functional support to Human Resource (HR) administrators and Payroll users of our Ceridian/Dayforce platform. The role is a key partner with both the Corporate Services and Finance Divisions who require issue resolution and/or enhancements to HRIS/Payroll system.
What we are looking for:
TI is searching for an experienced candidate who has prior experience in HR or payroll administration with the skills and ability to independently support and troubleshoot end-to-end HR/Payroll transactions in the HRIS/Payroll system. The successful candidate will be essential in the implementation of new modules and Ceridian system projects.
We are looking for someone that has great communication skills to interact with colleagues and executives, someone that can take initiative and can ensure personnel receive the correct compensation in a timely manner. The ideal candidate will be able to use and implement payroll software with accuracy and efficiency. The ability to be a trusted with sensitive information will be required.
What you will be doing:
- Support enhancements, issue resolution, and changes, including implementing additional modules (i.e. Learning Module).
- Provide support to HR end-users, covering all aspects of Ceridian, with a key focus on payroll transactions and integrations.
- Troubleshoot and lead resolution of HR systems issues, collaborating with our technology partners (e.g., Ceridian).
- Provide subject matter expertise to the improvement and enhancement of HR systems and payroll processes to achieve organizational effectiveness related to HR operations.
- Support the implementation and enhancement of the recently upgraded HRIS/Payroll system.
- Provide HR systems support to all HR/Payroll areas including creation of new positions, new hires, payroll, benefits, compensation, etc.
- Lead testing activities: plan, coordinate, and perform functional user testing of all configuration changes made to the Ceridian system specific to each HR/Payroll area.
- Document, maintain, and validate User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Create and maintain documentation to support key processes and operational activities by HR/Payroll users (e.g., process documents, user guides, etc.).
- System Maintenance: Actively participate in all enhancements.
What you’ll need to be a successful candidate:
The knowledge, skills and abilities for this role would typically be acquired through post-secondary education in business, computer science, HR, or a related field and a minimum of four years’ experience working in a HR environment as a business analyst, systems analyst or a HRIS/Payroll Systems Administrator role. Experience working with HR Systems (Ceridian/Dayforce is preferred) is an asset.
An acceptable combination of related education, work, and life experience may be considered.
Fluency in English is essential and the ability to communicate in Inuktitut is an asset. Understanding of Inuit culture, societal values, and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit (IQ) is also an asset.
Salary and Benefits:
- TI offers a competitive total compensation package. Employees are provided an exceptional benefits plan which includes major medical and dental coverage for the employee and their dependents, and employee life insurance. TI also offers a Group RRSP benefit plan for eligible staff.
- TI provides paid sick, personal and family sickness leave days, and a 24/7 confidential Employee and Family Assistance Plan.
- Vacation (earn 3 weeks/year).
Deadline for applications is May 9th, 2021.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
This position works out of the 1071 Richmond Road, Ottawa location which is conveniently located close to major transportation access points and parking is free on the premise.
Preference in hiring will be given to qualified Inuit candidates; applicants are encouraged to self-identify. Considering the nature of this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain a criminal record check and their employment will be conditional on results that are acceptable to TI.
Accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
We thank all interested applicants in advance for their interest. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.