HR & Payroll Admin Coordinator - Park People/ Amis des parcs
Park People is dedicated to promoting equity, multiculturalism and inclusion in our offices and in all of the work that we do. We believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us different. We are striving for a staff team that is representative of the communities where we work, and encourage applications from BIPOC applicants.
As the HR, Payroll & Admin Coordinator your role will include:
- Preparing semi-monthly payroll and pension submissions, and ensuring all records are accurate and up-to-date;
- Administering various projects including audit preparation, provision of tax receipts and invoice filing;
- Monthly bookkeeping reconciliation and drafting financial reports.
Human Resources & Administration support:
- Administering Park People’s group health benefits program;
- Administering electronic personnel records and assigning trainings as required;
- Providing administrative support for the recruitment and onboarding of new staff positions;
- Assisting in the preparation of board meeting paperwork;
- Liaising with the Toronto office property manager;
- Stewarding Park People’s general email inbox;
- Providing executive administrative assistance to Park People’s leadership team as needed;
- Answering phones and forwarding messages; and
- Other administrative support as required.
Program Administration Support:
- Reviewing contracts/grants/agreements;
- Requesting insurance Certificate of Insurances (COIs) and assisting with permits for Park People events; and
- Assisting and administering the Canada Summer Jobs program.
The skills and experience you bring to the role include:
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy are essential;
- Knowledge and experience working in Google Office Suite is preferred;
- 2 to 5 years experience working with payroll, HRIS and bookkeeping systems, with experience in Ceridian Powerpay, HRDownloads and QuickBooks Online preferred;
- Office experience in general financial, HR, and other administrative tasks;
- Demonstrated organizational skills;
A few other things that aren’t required but would make you a great fit:
- Fluency in French is an asset; and
- Experience working in a non-profit environment
Starting Salary: $43,000 - $45,000
Anticipated Start Date: Early April, 2021
Park People is a great place to work:
- We offer a generous benefits package including health and dental benefits, annual cost of living increases and a pension plan.
- We have an amazing work culture with smart, engaged colleagues who want to learn and improve while having fun.
- We have a casual and collegial work environment in Toronto, at a beautiful space at 401 Richmond St., which offers onsite childcare.
- We value flexibility and work life balance for our team members, offer generous vacation time, flexible work hours and telecommuting options.
- We offer opportunities to get involved in new areas and grow professionally with progressive career opportunities as Park People continues to grow.
- We provide time and funding to support education and training, including regular staff field trip days to explore cool things happening across the city.
- We provide you the chance to lead change and have an impact in communities across Canada.
Please send your resume and cover letter in one electronic file in confidence by March 5, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference HR and Payroll Admin Coordinator in the subject line of your email.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com to provide your contact information.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.